Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Feel a "torquy" body twist during acceleration/deceleration

Old 04-23-2010, 08:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feel a "torquy" body twist during acceleration/deceleration

Tried searching...haven't the right words to search I guess. When accelerating or letting my foot completely off the throttle, my JK tends to "twist" a bit. Like something in the rear end is super torque like. Checked motor mounts. All lift parts are tight. I'm stumped. Help!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:12 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Rugbyduck
Tried searching...haven't the right words to search I guess. When accelerating or letting my foot completely off the throttle, my JK tends to "twist" a bit. Like something in the rear end is super torque like. Checked motor mounts. All lift parts are tight. I'm stumped. Help!
Have you regeared? If so, what are they?
Old 04-23-2010, 09:26 PM
JK Freak

Driveshaft & joints? Pinion angle?
Old 04-23-2010, 11:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Have you regeared? If so, what are they?
Regeared it year before last. I have a 3.5 RE lift...35's...5.33.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by runit3
Driveshaft & joints? Pinion angle?
Someone has told me my driveshaft could be tweaked. Not sure that I hit it though. The is spewing front and rear from what looks to be the pinion seals. Possible connection? Fluid seems to be flung out that little weep hole of the rear driveshaft.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

They should not be slinging grease. Are they the stock shafts or aftermarket? Also you regeared to 5.13 or 5.38?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont know your specs, but if you lifted and your trac bars are not sitting level to the ground, the rise and fall of the front/rear end under accelaration and deceleration will make the body feel like it is "twisting" due to the fact that the trac bars mount in opposite directions front to rear. This is causing your front axle to shift slightly to the right on accel, left on decel. Rear will do exactly the opposite making this feel far worse than it is. The shorter the wheel base the worse it is. just my 2 cents.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its axle rap, and body torque. Depending what spring rate you are running this can effect your squat and roll. Ever watch a drag car? Its the same thing a softer spring or shock combo can cause this. My friends Grand did this after installing rancho 9000 shocks. Change to a harder shock and this will help also what springs did you use? Shot my 2dr on launch will squat 2 inches rear an lift 2 inches front, and on letting off gas will drop about 2 inches in front. Plus mine torques to the right. Meaning the left front wheel is lifting on take off.

Quick Reply: Feel a "torquy" body twist during acceleration/deceleration