Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Fed up with Chrysler

Old 11-14-2013, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fed up with Chrysler

My family is waiting on parts for 2 Jeeps and 1 Dodge Ram.The ram recall was in the spring,My 2013 Jeep was the trans cooler line. My sons 2013 Jeep was a sensor.
I called Chrysler and got no results. I think I've bought my last products from Chrysler.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by fitzz47
My family is waiting on parts for 2 Jeeps and 1 Dodge Ram.The ram recall was in the spring,My 2013 Jeep was the trans cooler line. My sons 2013 Jeep was a sensor.
I called Chrysler and got no results. I think I've bought my last products from Chrysler.
are you having to park said vehicles? If Chrysler is requiring you to park the vehicles then I would think that you have some recourse to getting refunded your money. If they are parts like the transmission cooler line that really has no impact on using your vehicles then probably not much you can do. I had a 13 jku that had the recall issued for the transmission like and I put 19000 on it with no problems. I did look to make sure the lines were not actually rubbing and they were not.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jadmt
are you having to park said vehicles? If Chrysler is requiring you to park the vehicles then I would think that you have some recourse to getting refunded your money. If they are parts like the transmission cooler line that really has no impact on using your vehicles then probably not much you can do. I had a 13 jku that had the recall issued for the transmission like and I put 19000 on it with no problems. I did look to make sure the lines were not actually rubbing and they were not.

None of them are parked, But come on 8 months on 1, 5 months,and 1 month waits on the other,are not Good. All Chrysler will say is "they will get there when they get there" I explained that the one with the trans line problem will be going to Florida with me for the winter,if it breaks on the way or once I get there I could be stuck without a vehicle,and wait for parts for months there.I got no answer or help from Chrysler.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

None of them are parked, But come on 8 months on 1, 5 months,and 1 month waits on the other,are not Good. All Chrysler will say is "they will get there when they get there" I explained that the one with the trans line problem will be going to Florida with me for the winter,if it breaks on the way or once I get there I could be stuck without a vehicle,and wait for parts for months there.I got no answer or help from Chrysler.
The tranny line is simple self fix. Just look to make sure the two lines are not rubbing and if they are put a piece of rubber hose on the line to keep them apart. I am not defending Chrysler as I think they do a poor job of building quality vehicles but I also would not let something as simple as a piece of rubber hose cause me any lost sleep. For the record I vote republican lol.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It would be helpful to know which parts you're waiting on, and for what recalls. Maybe your experience is universal, or maybe, if you haven't already, what about trying another dealership and asking what their lead time is for those specific parts?
Old 11-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Former Member

It's not a Chrysler problem by the sound of it. Ditch the people you're dealing with and go down the road.
You may also know that honey goes a lot farther than vinegar.
Come on 3 problems and no results
Old 11-16-2013, 02:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

fitzz47, send a polite email to the CEO of Chrysler Sergio.Marchionne@chrysler.com explaining the situation. He himself won't respond but someone high up on the food chain will. I have done this with a few issues and each was met with a prompt response and taken care of in a generous, timely manner.

Doing this I had a water pump at my dealer within the week, when the dealer told me it would be months, same with the recall item, although that took 9 days. I was also "given" a few things to keep me happy, believe me, it was extremely worth going this route. Wish my Jeep never had a problem to begin with, but as a result I am better off now.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
It's not a Chrysler problem by the sound of it. Ditch the people you're dealing with and go down the road.
You may also know that honey goes a lot farther than vinegar.
Come on 3 problems and no results
I haven't given anyone grief at the dealership,maybe I should. Three problems no fix. yet I've had both water pumps replaced on my jeeps(they where in Stock!)
Old 11-16-2013, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by soberbyker
fitzz47, send a polite email to the CEO of Chrysler Sergio.Marchionne@chrysler.com explaining the situation. He himself won't respond but someone high up on the food chain will. I have done this with a few issues and each was met with a prompt response and taken care of in a generous, timely manner.

Doing this I had a water pump at my dealer within the week, when the dealer told me it would be months, same with the recall item, although that took 9 days. I was also "given" a few things to keep me happy, believe me, it was extremely worth going this route. Wish my Jeep never had a problem to begin with, but as a result I am better off now.

Thanks I'll give it a try.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks I'll give it a try.

Did you? .......

Quick Reply: Fed up with Chrysler