Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

factory warranty issues

Old 03-23-2010, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory warranty issues

anyone having issues with the dealer they live buys warranty? i took my jeep out and played around about a month ago. now the starter is going and the tensioner is squeaking. well i cleaned the jeep good and took it in. the dealer and chrysler said they wont cover it because there was sand in the starter and tensioner.

1) i live in florida....sand everywhere
2) the jeep advertisement book i got at the dealer has a 4 door jk doing burnouts in the sand dunes and another photo in a river.

how can they adverise something and then not back it? any help or suggestions would be great
Old 03-23-2010, 04:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try a different dealership. I presume by your user name that yours is an 09. They definitely shouldn't be hinting at warranty denials yet.

Although, I suppose, Chrysler has probably quietly told dealers to crack down on warranty work lately. An easy way to save money. That's why I don't think my "lifetime" warranty is worth jack shit.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:12 PM
JK Freak

I'm hoping the lifetime warranty is good...I think you need a new dealer. As I mentioned elsewhere on the forum...I ripped my evapo can off and brought to my local dealer and he replaced under warranty. That same dealer just replaced a tie rod on my buddy's JK...he broke it going up on one of those light poles in a parking lot...replaced under warranty! Just need a good service manager!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talk to the service manager, then the general manager, then his regional service director. Shouldn't take long to get the answer you want. They're trying to screw you over. I too have lived in Florida, the sand is EVERYWHERE!
Old 03-29-2010, 04:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default breaching warranty contract

Just go back and pickup the business cards of all who refused you warranty work, and if they ask why tell them you feel that they are breaching the warranty contract when you bought the jeep, and that blow sand is everywhere through out the state, and you feel that they have brought liability upon them self in doing so, your only recourse is through civil court,

Old 03-29-2010, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would try 877iamjeep. Who knows? Just may be... Naw,I doubt it. Well, its worth a shot.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

thanks for all the replys. so what i did was talked to chrysler rep (idiot), service manager(idiot), and dealer manager(alrigth guy). he told me go to another dealer. so i filed a complaint with chrysler. they said because its environmental hazard that they dont cover it. so i took the sales book for the 2009 jeep wrangler which shows jeeps in mud, sand dunes, rivers, etc...and called the news. they were suppose to run a thing on the air about the dealer but didnt. guess i need to follow up.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NIGHTMARE09
anyone having issues with the dealer they live buys warranty? i took my jeep out and played around about a month ago. now the starter is going and the tensioner is squeaking. well i cleaned the jeep good and took it in. the dealer and chrysler said they wont cover it because there was sand in the starter and tensioner.

1) i live in florida....sand everywhere
2) the jeep advertisement book i got at the dealer has a 4 door jk doing burnouts in the sand dunes and another photo in a river.

how can they adverise something and then not back it? any help or suggestions would be great
It isn't a factory default-sand is not covered.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:16 AM
JK Freak

33williys has the answer.Get a couple of quotes as to what the repair will cost or get it repaired and do the following. It won't cost that much to get reimbursed. Go to the court house and file a small claims action against the dealership. It may take a while depending on how busy the court is and be sure to take the Jeep advertisement in as exhibit "A" when the dealers rep says you had it in the sand.

Quick Reply: factory warranty issues