Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Factory evap skid?

Old 08-02-2014, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory evap skid?

Do you guys think it's worth spending the money on a after market evap skid? This is for a 14 2 dr rubicon, not sure what the older models come with.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Should of mentioned The type of wheeling I do is mostly rough rocky type trails, rousch creek, Vermont class 4 roads, stuff like that.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can relocate it for cheaper than a skid, another option to look into.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I bought a rugged ridge for $88 on amazon before my first trip to rausch. It's got some battle scars on it now so I'm going to assume it was worth it. But mine is a 2010 so it didn't have a factory one over it, it was wide open.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SarahLu
I bought a rugged ridge for $88 on amazon before my first trip to rausch. It's got some battle scars on it now so I'm going to assume it was worth it. But mine is a 2010 so it didn't have a factory one over it, it was wide open.
I am looking at the Poisen Spyder evap skid. It's not to much more than that and seems pretty solid. The factory skid seems more like a shield than a skid. I'm sure it will help but I'm not sure how hard of a impact it can take.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I wanted the poison spyder one but it was a last minute idea before the trip and amazon gave me free next day shipping so I went with that one. I had planned on using it for the trip then selling and buying poison spyder but It's much heavier/solid than I expected so I may just keep it.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default the stock one on my 12 is prety flimsy

like tin almost . I don't go over a lot of boulders , looks like something that realy could have better protection . Its better than none but not a lot better . Not sure if they make one that's real easy to install ? psc one says you have to remove and secure the canister to the skid with hardware included .

Last edited by jeepmojo; 08-03-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
like tin almost . I don't go over a lot of boulders , looks like something that realy could have better protection . Its better than none but not a lot better . Not sure if they make one that's real easy to install ? psc one says you have to remove and secure the canister to the skid with hardware included .
Unfortunately I'm not much of a mechanic so I am looking for something easy to install. I was thinking it wouldn't be to bad having to install the psc, not really sure.

What part of NH are you from? My wife and I are going to be staying up there in a couple weeks for vacation. We plan to check out some of your class 6 roads but there's not much info on them.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default sent u message

Originally Posted by jeepintileguy
Unfortunately I'm not much of a mechanic so I am looking for something easy to install. I was thinking it wouldn't be to bad having to install the psc, not really sure.

What part of NH are you from? My wife and I are going to be staying up there in a couple weeks for vacation. We plan to check out some of your class 6 roads but there's not much info on them.
Hope you enjoy the vacation .yeh id go psc one . the bumper I have is theirs and its like military spec lol . seriously most likely the rock will sheer off first

Last edited by jeepmojo; 08-04-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Factory evap skid?