Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Factory alarm goes off for no reason, and won't stop

Old 05-13-2008, 04:49 PM
nextreme

Default Factory alarm goes off for no reason, and won't stop

So, I am standing outside the Jeep holding my keys in my hand and all of a sudden the alarm starts to go off . I think sh*t, I must have hit the panic button. So I start hitting buttons like crazy and nothing will turn it off. I get inside and notice the display keeps flashing between door and gate. The alarm must have gone on for 3 minutes. I had everyone on the block coming out thinking someone was breaking into it. I opened the hood and disconnected the battery. I reconnected it and everything seems fine now.

This has happened three times to me now. The first two times I put off as my mistake because the key fob managed to stop it, but this last time was definitely something going wrong with the computer.

Anyone else had this problem?

Old 05-14-2008, 05:47 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems there's a lot more nuisance alarms than vehicles stolen in this world.

Good example is that yours has gone off 3 times and you still have the JK.

Last edited by 101gargoyles; 05-14-2008 at 05:49 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the same exact thing happen the morning after i brought the jeep home. Later that day the dash lit up like an X-mas tree and it refused to start. Dealer said i must have hit the panic button. (i tried everything to turn it off, even starting the jeep) Had to leave the garage and wait for it to stop on its own. (about 10mins) And they said they couldn't replicate the light show. I must have been seeing things.

It did start after a half hour or so, but pulled up a code for a bad crank sensor. They did replace that fwiw.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If this is the factory EVS l alarm the system can be tuned for more or less sensivity, for both your "lite touch" and IT Shock Sensor. The instructions are in the Mopar EVS l and EVS ll user instruction manual.
Now along the same lines, although I don't have the EVS l system but rather the EVS ll system, (I do not have power windows or doors), mine started going off randomly, much like you say, and was acting a bit weird. Took it to the dealership and they replaced the alarm interface module, under warranty.

Last edited by Lorrel; 09-15-2010 at 08:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Factory alarm goes off for no reason, and won't stop