Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Facory jack is missing...what to get ?

Old 08-23-2013, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

x2 on the bottle jack.
I carry a couple of 4x6"(about 14" long) blocks that serve double duty; either as the base for the bottle jack or for tire chocks or for leveling out the JK at the camp site when I sleep in the back.
I have and carry a Hi-Lift, but I hope I never have to use it.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For home repairs and service I use a Craftsman bottle jack I scored at Sears that gives me plenty of lift with my 3" lift and 35's and no boards as it has 18" of lift. I also have 2 floor jacks that I have to use with boards because they are too short but its enough to get all 4 tires off the ground if I need to and then I jack stand it from there. For the trail I have an AEV base for the factory jack that works just fine and the AEV base fits in the small trunk in the back. My friends have hi-lifts and between all of us we usually can handle most "out there" repairs.

Last edited by wittys-jk; 08-23-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Facory jack is missing...what to get ?