Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Facory jack is missing...what to get ?

Old 08-23-2013, 05:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Facory jack is missing...what to get ?

Purchased a used 2008 JK 4 door and discovered the jack is missing from the compartment. Have a 3 inch lift with 35 in tires....still have factory bumpers....what and where can I get a jack that will work and still be able to store it in the jack compartment, any ideas? Anyone have the factory jack for sale?
Old 08-23-2013, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Posted in the wrong section

Seek out a factory jack for sure, I just keep a 2x10 board in the back that I slip under the jack to stabilize it and give me some of the height that I lost with my lift. Works like a charm.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Bottle jacks like those sold at Harbor Freight work exceptionally good. My oem jack broke on me so you really aren't missing anything IMHO. There was a good article on the whole lift subject on JP Magazine recently and they said the same thing bottle jack.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

I'd measure the distance from the ground to your axle tube and add a couple inches and find a factory or bottle jack that will work. Also like conifers4 said a 2x10 works great to add some height and stabilize the jack in soft soil.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Bottle jacks like those sold at Harbor Freight work exceptionally good. My oem jack broke on me so you really aren't missing anything IMHO. There was a good article on the whole lift subject on JP Magazine recently and they said the same thing bottle jack.
Don't mean to Hijack....how did yours break? I ask only because last time I used mine it almost looked like it was bending!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I would honestly go with a hi-lift jack. There are several mounting locations that out of the way, and there are many other uses for them. A great investment for the off roader.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Personally, highlifts are pretty dangerous and I only use one when absolutely necessary (I do have one in the jeep tho). I carry a wide/flat base 4 ton jack stand that has an integrated bottle jack. It works very well.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:19 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I carry a 12 ton bottle jack and a HiLift in my Jeep... Threw away the stock scissor jack after the first time I used it.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by conifers4

Don't mean to Hijack....how did yours break? I ask only because last time I used mine it almost looked like it was bending!
Sort of started to get bound up and snapped. I have to admit it wasn't the perfect angle but that's how it goes sometimes you don't have a great a straight hit. Hi-Lifts are solid too but I've seen rigs drop off of them and I almost dropped ours so I only use them for recovery now.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:36 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd just get a bottle Jack

Quick Reply: Facory jack is missing...what to get ?