Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Extended warranty

Old 03-01-2009, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended warranty

I bought my 07 4dr X just before the "lifetime warranty" was announced. I'd like to get an extended warranty, but will there be anyone to honor it? Are there any non-manufacturer warrantys worth looking at? I plan to keep this truck for as long as possible.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:14 PM
JK Super Freak

AAA sells extended warantys and they provide good service. If I were you, with all the sh!t the car companies are going through, I would not buy it from DC. I know people say it will still be good if they go under, but why pay more from the waranty thru DC and worry about what happens if they go under. With the AAA warranty you can take it to any mechanic (or a dealer, if you choose) and they reimburse you. Their warrantees are bumper 2 bumper also...
Just my
Old 03-03-2009, 08:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Chryslerwarranties.com is where I bought mine. There's no reason to argue with your dealership. They all re-sell the same Chrysler warranty extension so it's easier, and more fair to me, to just purchase it from the cheaper seller which was Chryslerwarranties.com . They are simply a dealership who was smart enough to get on line early and make money selling warranties for Jeeps sold at other dealerships. It's accepted at all Jeep dealers.

Quick Reply: Extended warranty