Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Exactly what is the stock tire pressure?

Old 10-16-2012, 04:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see I'm not the only one with finicky TPMS. Every year when the temp drops I play with the TPMS ninja for a week or so trying to get it dialed in. This go round I put them to 40 psi and the light immediately went out. Over the course of the day I backed it down to a reasonable 34 psi with no issue. The door sticker says 37 psi and from what I've read a 3 psi difference is generally what kicks the light on. As long as all of mine, including the spare are matched I've had no issue going down to 31 psi. That's as far as I can get mine before the idiot light trips.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ppilotmike
Is there anyway to just "shut " off the stupid thing. I hate some of the "warning" lights/chimes I have to deal with when offroad.
Sure, buy a ProCal or some other programmer that offers that option. On my 2010, I was able to get a dealer to lower the TPMS's psi to 31 to accommodate my 32psi tires. On my 2012 Rubi, they say they can only recal to a number of tire/wheel sizes, not an actual psi. Not sure if that's true or if the mechanic didn't know what he was looking at.

Good luck!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ppilotmike
Is there anyway to just "shut " off the stupid thing. I hate some of the "warning" lights/chimes I have to deal with when offroad.
Procal works very well.

Quick Reply: Exactly what is the stock tire pressure?