Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Euro rear bumper with fog lights?

Old 02-03-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Euro rear bumper with fog lights?

Is it a direct bolt on to US JKs and can I buy one in the States?
Old 02-04-2011, 05:01 PM
JK Freak

lol no one?
Old 02-04-2011, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is this what you're talking about?

I think it would be very difficult to get that in the USA. But there must be lots of people who want to get rid of theirs in Europe...
Maybe you can do a swap with a forum member in Europe and have it shipped somehow? But why would you want that license plate holder?

I would think it's a bolt on. The Jeep in the picture is a diesel, but the Euro 3.8 V6s have this bumper also.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tails
But why would you want that license plate holder?
I don’t want the plate holder and would have to cut it out as it is part of the bumper. I would use a sahara insert to hide my cut. I want it for the fog lights!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For money to ship you could get a good tough bumper that looks great. The plastic "mustache" look doesn't do it for me. Yes I think the full plastic bumper from jeep looks like a cheesy mustache on the front and even back of the jeep.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Ozzy, you could probably pick almost any after- market bumper for what that might cost to get here. Then you can custom fit some Euro- style fogs. Do you know if wiring is in the harness for the rear fogs?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:08 PM
JK Super Freak

They also have the "Euro" bumpers on the JKs here in Australia. Since Australia is the biggest market for the Wrangler in terms of sales volumes outside of North America, and most of us mod our 4X4s here including bumpers, you can probably pick up a near-new one for like 100 bucks (they come up on e-bay & the forums here all time).

I looked at shipping a full steel bumper from the 'States to here & the shipping was around $280 by UPS, so with the plastic one being at least half the weight I'd say you could get a used one & have it shipped to the states for around 300 bucks. The connectors for the rear fogs are probably already there, but you'd need to instal a new light stalk on the steering column as I'd guess the US one doesn't have the switch position for the rear fogs.

Quick Reply: Euro rear bumper with fog lights?