Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

ETC Light / Clean Throttle Body Valve

Old 02-27-2012, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ETC Light / Clean Throttle Body Valve

FYI - As a frequent reader of the forum, I'm surprised I have not heard more about cleaning the jeep's throttle body. A few weeks ago when I cranked the jeep for my morning journey to work, the ECT came on. Since I have never seen this light before, I shutoff the engine and restarted to see if it was a fluke. It wasn't, so off to the dealership I went. After a week of ordering a replacement throttle body valve the jeep was still trowing the code. The techs did finally find where a squirrel chewed threw the wiring from the computer to the throttle body (causing the issue in the first place). The frayed wiring did short the throttle body, and a replacement was necessary. The point of all this is because of the difference in pickup I received with the new throttle body. It was night and day for me. I was having trouble maintaining speed on the highway and often turning off the od for better maintained speeds. No need for it now, the jeep cruises great.
While the jeep was in the shop, I searched for other people having the same problems with there ETC's and found thread about cleaning your throttle body. I was unaware of this, but plan to do so about every 15,000 miles now. I am currently at 50,000 miles on my 08 jku with the new throttle body. Just hoping my experience will help others.

Quick Reply: ETC Light / Clean Throttle Body Valve