Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

ETC flashing and solid ESP/TCS light issues!

Old 06-19-2013, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ETC flashing and solid ESP/TCS light issues!

I am sure this issue has been killed many times, but I am at my wits end. I have 2007 JK unlimited, automatic and bone stock. The other night I get a flashing ETC light and an ESP/TCS light on the dash and then the jeep rough idles and no power. I shut it down and have read every blog I can on trying to find the answer to this. I am out of warranty and have replaced the PCV valve, dealer has replaced throttle body and it went away and is now back. I have cycled the key and no codes come up. Has anyone else experienced this and fixed it??? What gives?:
Old 06-20-2013, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Had a similar issue on the way back from off roading and another time it happened several times while driving thru the desert in temperatures over 100*. Each time I would shut the engine off and restart and the problem was resolved.
Not sure what caused the problem other than a communication problem in the canbus.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:24 AM
JK Newbie

Unhappy

Thanks for the feeback. This has happened a couple other times and just the same as you mentioned...I cycled the key or shut it off and the problem went away. No luck this time...on and staying on. We are the second owner of the jeep and service records show it has been in the shop several times before us and during us for similar issues. The dealer always comes back with a Throttle body issue. They have put 5 different Throttle bodies on this and reflashed the computer and the problem comes back. Safe to say I don't think it's a throttle body issue.
I hope dealer has better news today!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Well, jeep is back from dealer. They said the throttle body was bad again (#6) and this time the tech said he found a wire in the harness that was chafed and causing a short. Picked it up all seems good to go. Let's hope this lasts and works this time for good!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

Well....got jeep back Friday night and problem is back Sunday morning. Back to the dealer again. This was old after the first trip. WTF!!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 02:22 PM
JK Newbie

Did you ever resolve this...? Sorry to keep bumping these old threads but it seems that 80% of them never seem to have a resolution.

Quick Reply: ETC flashing and solid ESP/TCS light issues!