Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Esp/bas warning light on.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never came on again since tuesday nite. but since i have warranty, going to the dealer friday morning just to have them have a look at it. if anything, if they have to go under the hood, they are going to love my new daystar hood wranglers.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

glad i took it in. they did tsb 08-010-07. reflash of the steering angle sensor. also getting new door weatherstripping this week.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:51 AM
JK Freak

My ESP kicked in this morning on dry pavement, going in a straight line. Steering wheel is centered and running stock wheels/tires. Turned ESP Off via the button for a while just to get to where I was going and when I turned it back on I didn't have any more problems. I guess the JK just didn't want to get up that early on a Saturday.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This has been happening to me once a week for a few weeks now. Dealer said I should schedule an appointment Mon thru Fri while their "Electronic Tech" was available.

ESP goes off when it should in 4 Low. My 93 YJ didn't have this so I don't believe it is a real problem.....
Old 04-25-2009, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Just another brain fart by the ECU.

Somtimes they just show up and then just go away, never to return.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrsig
It just happened to me on Saturday when I was wheeling! I went to the dealer and I broke a wheel speed censer and they covered it. First time they ever covered any thing....
The wheel sensor is an issue to be resolved when 4 wheeling in mud. I drove my Jeep through a training mud hole at Hungry Valley State Park (Gorman-CA) and I have to pay the dealership for the sensors to be replaced.
Apparently I did not wash out the sensors in the front and rear enough.

The dealer suggested going to a public spray car wash and blasting out the wheel sensors with HOT water and soap.

Your Lucky that Chrysler paid for this, as I told customer service that I used the Jeep for what it was intended for and it failed and I had to pay for the repair.

I also posted this on MUD, as a warning to others. Some Jeep owners suggested spraying with PAM-vegetable oil before going 4 wheeling through mud.....

Quick Reply: Esp/bas warning light on.