Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

esp/bas, traction control light

Old 01-28-2016, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default esp/bas, traction control light

I've read through many threads but can't seem to find the answer. The two lights come on and stay on for about 30 mins. Then they seem to go off most of the time when it warms up. So I think it's good, then the next day they're back on. I've adjusted the steering wheel many times and it's as center as it can be.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by yooperjeeper88
I've read through many threads but can't seem to find the answer. The two lights come on and stay on for about 30 mins. Then they seem to go off most of the time when it warms up. So I think it's good, then the next day they're back on. I've adjusted the steering wheel many times and it's as center as it can be.
I suggest to read the ABS trouble codes .
Old 01-28-2016, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Check your wires going to your wheel sensors. Also try disconnecting the negative terminal in your battery for about 10 minutes. That should clear any soft codes you may have.

Have you been wheeling lately? Did you drive through any standing water? You may have water intrusion in the sensors. If so you can try replacing the O-Ring packing around the wheel sensors in the axle.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:46 AM
JK Newbie

There's no abs light on so I don't think it's the speed sensor, had that problem before. I was just pulling out of a store in town when the two lights came on and haven't been doing any wheeling recently.

Quick Reply: esp/bas, traction control light