Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

esp acting up

Old 10-14-2012, 08:57 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default esp acting up

So i let my uncle take my jeep hunting yesterday and when i came back from work he tells me the traction control was turning on when i was driving in the freeway. i was like what the heck? So i went on the freeway and nothing and i drove up to 95 mph to see if it would trigger something but nothing?
So my question why could this be happening my jeep is stock with rubi take off and i just did my breaks. after i did my breaks my steering wheel would move back an forth so i rotated my tired and tighten the lugs really good and that fixed it and now this! My steering wheel is off center just a tiny bit could that be the cause? Thanks i really need to fix this today because i drive on the freeway everyday to go to school
-Edgar
Old 10-14-2012, 09:40 AM
JK Junkie

I think u need to center the steering wheel, it only takes a few min. I think projectjk has write for diy alignment and there is a vid from teraflex for their monster track install and towards the end it shows how to center the s wheel
Old 10-14-2012, 09:44 AM
JK Jedi

Oh okay thanks Bob-o ill check it out i also saw a thread that said they might be mud in a wheel sensor since my jeep is muddy im going to assume it saw some mud lol

Quick Reply: esp acting up