Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Engine Tick

Old 07-29-2011, 03:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HighTechRedneck
I have the same tick around that rpm too. I have 44k on my 08 Sahara. It soulds like the lifters. Anyone know if they are adjustable and what the clearace might be?

I'm using 5 quarts 5w-20 Valvoline Maxlife and 1 qt Lucas stabilizer. (found it was 2.5 quarts low and had 2k on the oil change!)
There is not a single adjustabe component in the engine. The dealer told me that it more likely a rocker or valve carbin. Use 10/30 oil and seafoam more than likely there is carbon build up. Also when you us stabilizer you should use it as a replacement for one of your quarts of oil. I am losing oil too but not that much.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dadof2girls
There is not a single adjustabe component in the engine. The dealer told me that it more likely a rocker or valve carbin. Use 10/30 oil and seafoam more than likely there is carbon build up. Also when you us stabilizer you should use it as a replacement for one of your quarts of oil. I am losing oil too but not that much.
Rocker, thats what I ment. Not Lifter. That sucks its not able to be set.

I found it somewhere that it takes 6 quarts but seems to be a smidge over, o well it will use it..

Quick Reply: Engine Tick