Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Engine Mount Fail?

Old 09-01-2021, 03:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
Awesome to hear.
Funny thing about this reminds me of an instance back in 1978. Friend bought a brand new Jimmy in Vancouver and drove the Alaska Hwy to Fort Nelson. In those days it was washboard gravel (now paved) and when he got to the Fort (I flew) he complained about rattles and general loose feeling in steering etc. We went around that truck and tightened a lot of loose bolts in suspension, engine mounts and cross member even. Felt better than when he drove it off the lot.

Moral here is to inspect your vehicle often as I do at every oil change. Use a bar and big sockets to check all the big stuff.
You are 100% right. I've found loose lug nuts, loose control arm bolts, and all sorts of other things. Probably the only vehicle I've had where I did not find something improperly torqued was my JL. The JK wasn't bad, but it had a few things. The JL did have a loose lower control arm bolt after the Mopar lift was installed. Made all kinds of noise. I thought it was a huge problem. Torqued it up and quiet as can be. Just something the tech overlooked. They did torque everything in sight on the next visit because they felt badly about it.

But think of the beating we give these Jeeps year after year. They are bound to loosen up and even break things now and then. I don't think Wranglers get the credit they deserve for their basic toughness.

Quick Reply: Engine Mount Fail?