Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Engine knock,gets short block under warranty

Old 09-07-2010, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine knock,gets short block under warranty

havent been on site for awhile(2 full time jobs,kinda busy.if I do get a day off its spent in jeep)but have seen posts for engine knock after startup being blamed on oil filters with bad drain back valves,wishfull thinking,even though I know better I was hopefull when I started hearing knock back in winter,well it gets worse with time,not lifter or lube issue(if u dont believe me,pull valve covers and start cold,you will find no excess lash,had to fight with selling dealer,finally offered to pay for them to pull oil pan and inspect crank,pistons and rods,suddenly dealership that was very reluctant to help out phoned to tell me short block ordered under warranty,goes in tomorrow to be molested by flat rate dealership tech ,My rubi(feb 18 2007 build date,bought with 5 year 160 000km warranty)has 154,000km on it,engine has always ran great,uses no fluids but knock got worse and worse especially after doing pretty much non-stop Calgary AB to Tofino BC drive on my holiday,was going to deal with myself untill priced shortblock,will keep every one posted,will try and get definate cause of failure and update,wish me luck
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060583..jpg
Views:	46
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	87485Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060578..jpg
Views:	46
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	87486Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060601..jpg
Views:	41
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	87488

Last edited by rickl; 09-07-2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: have not posted recent pics so added sum

Quick Reply: Engine knock,gets short block under warranty