Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Engine code help p06de

Old 03-08-2021, 07:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine code help p06de

I recently started get a check engine light come on. It clears with my reader but will come back on if oil pressure rises too high from going up a hill or stepping on the gas too hard. The code is P06DE. Im not sure if I need to worry or not or have it serviced. Any help appreciated!
Old 03-08-2021, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 471 Likes on 423 Posts

"I had both of those codes 2 weeks before I moved 700 miles last month. P0520 is oil pressure circuit fail, and P06DE means it's stuck on high pressure mode. It is the oil pressure sensor, it's on the back of the oil cooler assembly, you have to take the upper and lower intake manifolds off to get to it. It only takes 30 seconds to change the sensor, but it took me 3 hours just to get to it."

From a 2017 post by MotoJeeper
The following users liked this post:
JKU GUY (03-08-2021)
Old 03-08-2021, 01:41 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,626 Posts

It seems I've seen a thread or two where the issue was the pump itself. If you're not getting the P0520 code for the sensor, I might lean towards thinking it might possibly be more pump related. I've not been through this one myself, but if it were my jeep I think my first course of action would be to monitor closely the oil pressure under all circumstances and just observe.

This guy has a decent video of DIY oil pump replacement on the 3.6L -
Old 11-16-2021, 10:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently went through this issue with my 2014 JK. I only got the P06DE code, it stayed on for about a week, then went away on its own. A month later it came back and would continue to return after clearing out. I started with the Oil Pressure Sensor since I had replaced the oil cooler 8 months prior, but I wasn’t positive that changing the sensor would fix my problem. 2 days later the code came back and I was sure it was the oil pump. On the highway my pressure would be 55-80 depending on the temperature, in town it would be in the 40s. Prior to the CEL my pressure would run in the 70s on the Highway then once it was warm it would drop to 44. I took my Jeep to a shop to replace the oil pump because it seemed like a lot of work that I did not want to do myself. $850 later I have a new oil pump and the pressure is looking normal again

Quick Reply: Engine code help p06de