Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Emergency Help

Old 04-23-2011, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emergency Help

I have a 2010 Automatic Unlimited Rubicon. I got in to start her and she started. I went from park to drive and it went into reverse instead and then would not shift to any other gear. The only thing it wanted to do was go in reverse. My father and I looked down below and it doesn't seem to be the linkage downstairs. My only thoughts are the linkage in the actual shifter. Thoughts, opinions, please f'ing help me. I have to leave San Antonio and get to Temple tomorrow so I and my family can be at work and school on Monday.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

Default Emergency Help

I have a 2010 Automatic Unlimited Rubicon. I got in to start her and she started. I went from park to drive and it went into reverse instead and then would not shift to any other gear. The only thing it wanted to do was go in reverse. My father and I looked down below and it doesn't seem to be the linkage downstairs. My only thoughts are the linkage in the actual shifter. Thoughts, opinions, please f'ing help me. I have to leave San Antonio and get to Temple tomorrow so I and my family can be at work and school on Monday.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:03 AM
JK Freak

Get a small flat screwdriver. Next to handle/stick their is a small opening. Insert the screw driver in there. You should be able to shift the jeep out of gear.

Quick Reply: Emergency Help