Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Embarrassing Question....

Old 06-25-2007, 06:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll check it out. I guess you have to slide the window out of the tailgate bar to do roll it up?

I never received any straps other than the strap to hold down the windshield.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:32 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by berg
I'll check it out. I guess you have to slide the window out of the tailgate bar to do roll it up?

I have heard if you do that too much it scratches up the window. Probably the dirt on the window vibrating on itself like fine sandpaper.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:33 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been meaning to ask. What is the purpose of the double zipper on the back window? It doesn't seem to do anything.
You could unzip both sides and then flip the window up on the roof for loading and unloading the back. That way you don't have to keep ducking under it to put stuff in.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have had this problem too. I think the problem is that this is not a conventional zipper like the side windows are. Instead of a cradle for the metal pin to slide into (like the sides) it’s just got 2 pull tabs or zippers. So when you unzip the Back window from the passenger to driver side you can’t get the zipper far enough down sometimes to get all the teeth un hooked. It just takes some "gentle" tugging the "hell" out of it. The best way to handle this situation is to give it hell for about 5 or ten minutes and then throw it down and walk away frustrated sweating bullets, and your wife or girlfriend come right behind you and pop it right off like it's nothing, just to piss you off that much more! That’s usually how these things work huh?
Old 06-25-2007, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Off track from dealer?

Originally Posted by blndspt
Guys,

How the heck do you zip out the back window? It doesn't appear to be a simple as unzipping the zipper. When I go to both sides, it doesn't appear that the zipper lets the window piece come off completely?

Boy I feel dumb about that one! ;(
I was helping a friend take the back window out of his new JK and the zipper was off track by a few teeth. I didn't notice it at first because you could move the zippers up and down freely it was only when you went to take the window all the way out that it became a problem. It took about 15 minutes of gently tugging the crap out of it.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:15 PM
JK Freak

Agree ..

I've had several times fussing and cussing that zipper from misaligning it.

Keeping the ziper clean does seem to help. I blast mine with the pressure washer once in a while. It always glides better after.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubimon
You need to slide it out. I leave it on the window if I am just storing it at home. I take it off the window put it back on the tailgate if I am rolling my windows and taking them with me.

Also, a great way to store the windows in your garage is to get two of those spring clamps from home depot ($.99 ea.) and screw them to the wall. Stick all three windows in the clamp(by the fabric) and they hang there nice and flat.
Ive been Jeepin 11 years with a soft top and that is the best idea I have heard on dealing with windows.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:41 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

and the loudest.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:55 AM
JK Freak

maybe it's a bad thing, but i leave the bar attached to the window when i roll it up. the straps loop around the ends of it to hold it up.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

You are really going to want to avoid doing the roll up with windows. I did that with my first jeep and they were scratched within the fiest week. I either leave them at home or use a window bag for them.

Quick Reply: Embarrassing Question....