Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Embarrassing Question....

Old 06-24-2007, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Embarrassing Question....

Guys,

How the heck do you zip out the back window? It doesn't appear to be a simple as unzipping the zipper. When I go to both sides, it doesn't appear that the zipper lets the window piece come off completely?

Boy I feel dumb about that one! ;(
Old 06-24-2007, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Take the zipper on the right and unzip it all the way over to the left side so that it's on top of of the left zipper.

When the two zippers are on top of each other, you should be able to lift the back window up and out of them.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

The tip that helped me most is that the two zippers stay attached to the window... NOT to the top as you would expect.
Once the two zippers are on top of each other on the drivers side, it will take some pull to get the window out.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Happened to me too....
Old 06-24-2007, 06:18 PM
JK Junkie

wait... is everybody NOT removing the bar that is held tight with the tailgate when they take the windows out??? does the vinyl just pop out of the bar so you can leave it in????
Old 06-24-2007, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

You shouldn't feel bad at all I own an 04 wrangler for three years and strugled like hell to get it out. They I stop turned away and it just came off. On the old models the zippers stayed with the top on the JK it goes with the window. That said the old ones you pull the window up on the JK you pull the window down. I damn near tore the window off. One thing I found that help is to pop off the drivers side top where it connects by the tailgate. Just pull out an inch or so and it helps going inand coming out.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07JKX
wait... is everybody NOT removing the bar that is held tight with the tailgate when they take the windows out??? does the vinyl just pop out of the bar so you can leave it in????
You need to slide it out. I leave it on the window if I am just storing it at home. I take it off the window put it back on the tailgate if I am rolling my windows and taking them with me.

Also, a great way to store the windows in your garage is to get two of those spring clamps from home depot ($.99 ea.) and screw them to the wall. Stick all three windows in the clamp(by the fabric) and they hang there nice and flat.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubimon
You need to slide it out. I leave it on the window if I am just storing it at home. I take it off the window put it back on the tailgate if I am rolling my windows and taking them with me.

Also, a great way to store the windows in your garage is to get two of those spring clamps from home depot ($.99 ea.) and screw them to the wall. Stick all three windows in the clamp(by the fabric) and they hang there nice and flat.
Great idea...never thought about that and I was in the clamp section today at lowes (smacks self in head).
Old 06-25-2007, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jetsfan28
The tip that helped me most is that the two zippers stay attached to the window... NOT to the top as you would expect.
Once the two zippers are on top of each other on the drivers side, it will take some pull to get the window out.
I've been meaning to ask. What is the purpose of the double zipper on the back window? It doesn't seem to do anything.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can unzip both sides up and roll up the window with the straps that should have come with the Jeep! It should snap to the soft top.

Quick Reply: Embarrassing Question....