Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Embarassing problem.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayland1985
BEFORE YOU TRY ANY OF THESE... POST SOME PICS!!!

I'd try the smearing the mud all over again. It's a good reason to go out and play, and if it etched it once, a second try should blurr the pictures out.

Then go ahead and try some other suggestions. I feel like the rain-x may cause the etching to stay in the glass longer!
If I don't try some solutions today, I'll see if I can get some driveway shots in the morning... if I get up early enough to catch the frost. I'll prolly be hungover and cleaning up the house though.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:40 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HAhahaHAAh LMAO, find some new friends, or just go F@$k up somthin of theirs.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i can't wait to see the pics. Sorry for your luck... I use jewelry cleaner on tough glass stains.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
HAhahaHAAh LMAO, find some new friends, or just go F@$k up somthin of theirs.
Hahaha... yeah... Somebody on here once said his coworkers threatened to take his doors off, and hide them.... and he told them if they try that, He'll take the doors off their cars.

If they don't have wranglers... Take their damn doors off!!!
Old 12-31-2007, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KentuckyMud
Ok.. here goes.. this is not a joke...

Well, I guess it WAS, but now it's become quite the opposite:

So a couple months ago I hauled some of my friends up to a campsite on some property my family has. Lots of mudding before it got dark, and a great time ensued as the sun went down. Well, because it became extremely cold during the night I ended up crawling into the back of my JK and falling asleep. Well, the next day when I awakened I found my imaginative friends had drawn images of male genitalia all over the windows of the Jeep. No big deal, it was actually quite hilarious at the time.. they simply had traced these images with their finger onto the muddy/dewy glass of my hardtop and doors. I washed it the next day thoroughly and the inappropriate outlines appeared to wash off... but it did far more damage than I could have imagined. To this day, whenever it rains, or whenever my JK is frosty, the images are as clear as when they were first traced on with a human finger. After months of power washing/ice scraping/windex'ing/elbow greasing they ALWAYS reappear when the vehicle becomes wet or iced. It's really embarrassing to leave it parked anywhere. I fear that this innocent (pffft) act may have actually imprinted the outlines into the tint. Is this possible? Does ANYONE have a clue as to how I can finally get rid of these without having the entire tint around the hardtop removed and redone? Or is this my only option?

So go ahead, laugh it up for a bit... but seriously...

help!

Lol same thing happened to me. Someone wrote "stall" on my windshield on the left upper corner (I think when I dropped it off at the dealer) and now everytime it gets foggy or frosty I can see it I've tried cleaning it but no luck. Ohh well, doesn't really bother me.....at least it's not as bad as yours
Old 12-31-2007, 12:52 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wayland1985
Hahaha... yeah... Somebody on here once said his coworkers threatened to take his doors off, and hide them.... and he told them if they try that, He'll take the doors off their cars.

If they don't have wranglers... Take their damn doors off!!!
That reminds me of a story, when I was 17 someone stole the doors off of my CJ. I figured the only people who would take my doors were other jeepers. It was a Sat night and I went around town with my Louisville slugger and pulled over people with jeeps to find my doors. No luck on the 3 guys I pulled over, but magically when I was parked at the bowling alley they reappeared on my jeep. None of my friends would own up to it, if they had did it and them knowing me knew that that wouldn't have been a funny thing for them to do. Dunno, we were a small town and I guess the word got out rather quickly. The theives returned the doors, Ahh the good ole days, thats when you could get in a fight, then go drink a beer together
Old 12-31-2007, 01:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Henri
Lol same thing happened to me. Someone wrote "stall" on my windshield on the left upper corner (I think when I dropped it off at the dealer) and now everytime it gets foggy or frosty I can see it I've tried cleaning it but no luck. Ohh well, doesn't really bother me.....at least it's not as bad as yours
Glass cleaner wont take off the letter by itself but with the use of a razor blade and the cleaner it will go away

Dealer use the same pens as auctions use and that how we have to get the markings off
Old 12-31-2007, 01:54 PM
JK Freak

Greatest thread ever
Old 12-31-2007, 02:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i want to see the pics!
Old 12-31-2007, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
...Ahh the good ole days, thats when you could get in a fight, then go drink a beer together
You can still do that here....

Quick Reply: Embarassing problem.