Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Electronic Stabilization Program

Old 06-10-2009, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electronic Stabilization Program

The ESP (Electronic Stabilization Program) acted up yesterday. When leaving for dinner at Benihana the ESP would kick in on dry pavement, going in a strait line, after shifting in to second. I would slow down and it would stop, speed up and it would start.
We turned around I parked in the driveway and took the Ford Taurus to Benihana.

When I got home I started the Jeep and went for a drive, no ESP issue.

I did a search on ESP and Electronic Stabilization Program without any luck.

Anyone have this issue?

I’m starting to think the OS in the computer is Windows CE, just reboot and everything is fine.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is your steering wheel not centered after a lift install? If the ESP is detecting a slip/slide because the steering angle is off center while the vehicle is moving straight it will trigger the ESP as it thinks you are in a skid. An alignment to center the steering wheel is the fix.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

I don't have a lift so it's not that, every thing is stock except the front bumper.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say if it happens again, since you're stock, take it in and have the dealer look into it. Most of the issues I can think of are a result of a lift and/or steering knocked out.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MIne has been doing it too...but only when I am on a on ramp hopping on the freeway. No...it's not because I am going too fast....and it's only when I am merging and going around a corner one way....the other way is fine
Old 06-15-2009, 09:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine does that all the time. Cut it off and back on and it stops. Very annoying. No codes so no repair.

Quick Reply: Electronic Stabilization Program