Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Electronic Disconnect and 4WD HI???

Old 02-19-2007, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic Disconnect and 4WD HI???

Here is a newbie JK question:

I am used to running with a TJ Rubi, that I have now traded up for my JK Rubi, and although I have yet to head out to the trails to play with it I am wondering this:

I know if I'm in 4-LO I can hit my sway bar disconnect button and this will do what in the past was done by getting out, pulling a pin, using a bungee cord etc...

But what if I'm in 4-HI as I am most often am, and still want to disconnect my sway bar for more travel?? What are my options with the electronic disconnect??
Old 02-19-2007, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cpthyland2
Here is a newbie JK question:

I am used to running with a TJ Rubi, that I have now traded up for my JK Rubi, and although I have yet to head out to the trails to play with it I am wondering this:

I know if I'm in 4-LO I can hit my sway bar disconnect button and this will do what in the past was done by getting out, pulling a pin, using a bungee cord etc...
This I can answer as a yes! That's one of the most mentioned features of the JKs - no longer have to get out!

Originally Posted by cpthyland2
But what if I'm in 4-HI as I am most often am, and still want to disconnect my sway bar for more travel?? What are my options with the electronic disconnect??
I'll have to defer on this one as I don't have my Rubicon yet, but it's getting close (check signature!).
Old 02-19-2007, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

The sway bar can be disconnected in both 4 high and 4 low.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

The sway bar can be disconnected in both 4 high and 4 low.
Mind you, once vehicle speed exceeds 18mph, the Rubicon will attemtp to relock the sway bar. Once vehicle speed drops below 14mph, the vehicle will try to disconnect the sway bar again.

Tom
Bryson City, NC

Quick Reply: Electronic Disconnect and 4WD HI???