Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Electric sway bar disconnect

Old 12-30-2012, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric sway bar disconnect

I have a 2013 rubicon, when I push the sway bar disconnect button, the light blinks but won't stay on. Does that mean its still connected? I didn't get an owners manual, just a cd that doesn't explain jack
Old 12-30-2012, 12:56 PM
JK Junkie

Get under there and look!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you in 4 wheel drive? Silly question yes but while installing my lift I asked a buddy to disco and he said it wouldn't engage. Also helps if you're on level ground.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Yes I looked, it was disconnected but light still blinks, vehicle was in 4wd hi, will it work in 2wd?
Old 12-30-2012, 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

Sometimes you have to turn the steering wheel left and right on level ground while driving slowly... or rock the jeep while parked for it to reengage... No disco function in 2WD.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks, I think I'll yank it, I had a teraflex s/t on my 07 jk, I really liked it, it worked every time. Probably one on the best mods I had on that jeep.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BirdsBetterHalf
Sometimes you have to turn the steering wheel left and right on level ground while driving slowly... or rock the jeep while parked for it to reengage... No disco function in 2WD.
X2 may need to "lock in" for lack of a better term. Drive slow forward give it a little rock back and forth.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:27 PM
JK Freak

Blinking while trying to disengage means either not all the parameters are meet to do so (ie not in 4wd) or it hasn't detected that it is disengaged. Blinking while trying to engage means its bound up. Our jeep sometimes has trouble reengaging without some rocking as mentioned by birdsbetterhalf.

When I first had this issue I did some research on here and it seems the connector on the disco is problematic and allows water intrusion which eventually results in failure. I plan to try gooping mine up with some liquid electrical tape. Thus is something you may want to consider but shouldn't be your issue on a 13'

Quick Reply: Electric sway bar disconnect