Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Electric Disconnect Idea

Old 10-11-2011, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Disconnect Idea

(If this isn't in the right category, my apologies)

I'm getting a set of sway bar quick disconnects for my Rubi. I was thinking with those that would render the electric disconnect fx useless right? If so has anyone or is it possible to use that switch and wiring for something else, like say rock lights?

Ideas? Thoughts?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

Im guessing thats a momentary on off switch Im also guessing with the right relay you could get it to work for ya.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Could probably be done.... My only concern would be how that switch is tied into the factory computer and logics. It has to talk back to the computer to acknowledge if it is connected/disconnected so i would imagine it is more than a simple switch circuit. Guessing you would need to trace it out and jumper the right wires so the computer thinks it is connected all the time. May be easier to add daystar lower dash panel and nice labeled rocker from otrattw. Just my thoughts.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by P1Rh0
(If this isn't in the right category, my apologies)

I'm getting a set of sway bar quick disconnects for my Rubi. I was thinking with those that would render the electric disconnect fx useless right? If so has anyone or is it possible to use that switch and wiring for something else, like say rock lights?

Ideas? Thoughts?
Why the manual disconnects?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Electric Disconnect Idea