Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Easy entry front seat standard on 2009?

Old 02-19-2013, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy entry front seat standard on 2009?

Hi Guys,
I am writing because our jeep is in our vacation home and currently not accessible. I read in the manual the 2009 models have easy entry front seats if equipped. We have had the jeep new since 2009 but never knew that feature even existed. Does anyone know if it is standard or was part of a package? Model is Wrangler X and I do remember having 2 side levers on the seat adjustment.

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its really a joke if you ask me, the older Wranglers had fold and tumble seats and then they switched to this easy entry system which sucks. The two levers on the side basically do the same thing it allows you to adjust the back rest and the other one just allows you to fold the backrest forward and be returned to its original position with out the need to re adjust the seat backrest...rather pointless imo.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My 08 does the fold and slide thing. The fold and tumble ended with the TJ. The 10 or 11 and probably 12 dip a bit as it slides forward and tucks under the glove box area. It gives maybe 2 or 3 inches more access to the back seat. Any more is better than mine. I was hoping someone would come up with a fix to gain the easier access. The after market companies are shying away from a "kit" due to liabilities. The latest model slides may fit an older JK but are pricey.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think '09 was the first year the front passenger seat on the 2 doors were upgraded to "flip" up a little bit more than 07-08. It is a minimal difference but every little bit helps. I remedied mine by upgrading to an Unlimited.

Quick Reply: Easy entry front seat standard on 2009?