Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Dumb Themostat Question

Old 09-15-2010, 03:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumb Themostat Question

I've had the top down for a few days and rolling to work today I decided to put the heater on my feet this morning. I noticed I could not get the knob to the bottom of the red(real hot). Is this normal? My TJ even though the speed control knob would burn out a lot, I was able to go all the way left or right.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

mine on all 3 of my JK's has always moved across the complete spectrum... they are cable driven.. if you want to attempt to adjust it yourself, you can take the glove box out (just squeeze the box sides together then tilt it down to remove it..

you will see as you turn the knob the cable that adjusts the temperature mix door, and it can be adjusted...

but with such a new Jeep.. i'd just make the stealership fix it...

-Christopher
Old 09-15-2010, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did put my cooltech mount on and took off the center dash piece. Maybe I got the cable tied up somewhere.

I'd rather fix myself even though she is brand new. Adam's is far and all the close stealerships are horrible and won't recieve any business from me.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MADDOGsrfr81
I did put my cooltech mount on and took off the center dash piece. Maybe I got the cable tied up somewhere.

I'd rather fix myself even though she is brand new. Adam's is far and all the close stealerships are horrible and won't recieve any business from me.
I was just going to ask if you ever had it off. When I took mine apart it wasn't working right after I put it back together, the cable was just caught up. If that's it, it's an easy DIY fix
Old 09-15-2010, 07:33 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
mine on all 3 of my JK's has always moved across the complete spectrum... they are cable driven.. if you want to attempt to adjust it yourself, you can take the glove box out (just squeeze the box sides together then tilt it down to remove it..

you will see as you turn the knob the cable that adjusts the temperature mix door, and it can be adjusted...

but with such a new Jeep.. i'd just make the stealership fix it...

-Christopher
I believe the control you see on the passenger side of the HVAC is the Mode Door control cable and its control wheel. It controls where the air comes out.
The temperature cable goes to the driver side of the HVAC.

Quick Reply: Dumb Themostat Question