Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

dual top - soft top removal

Old 06-30-2007, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question dual top - soft top removal

I have the dual top on my new sahara. I was reading the manual about removing the softop since it is installed under the hardtop. It says to locate the 2 boxes containing the door fram parts or something. Anyways, I did not see these boxes anywhere. Are the parts they are referring to all wrapped up in the cover thats taped around the soft top?
thanks
Old 06-30-2007, 06:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that they are large boxes that contain the windows. You should contact you dealer about getting them.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:43 PM
kretinus

Every dual top I've looked at has had at least one box about 3' long sitting in the back, if yours didn't come with the box I doubt you got the parts. I don't think the dealer would take them out of the box and stuff them loose in the top.

BTW, are you talking about actually taking the soft top off the vehicle or taking off the hard top and putting the rag top up? If you're taking it off, why?
Old 06-30-2007, 08:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yeah, there are no boxes of anything in there. I am removing the soft top per the instructions since only 1 top at a time is supposed to be installed......per the giant orange warning sticker wrapped around the soft top.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:28 PM
JK Freak

there should be two boxes, both are fairly large. one has the plastic door frames that are attached when using the soft top, the other has the windows that have to be zipped into place.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:57 PM
kretinus

I ended up assimilating someone elses order so I got dual tops, but the dealers going to set up the rag top for me and store the hard top until either he or I can sell it.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kretinus
Every dual top I've looked at has had at least one box about 3' long sitting in the back, if yours didn't come with the box I doubt you got the parts. I don't think the dealer would take them out of the box and stuff them loose in the top.

BTW, are you talking about actually taking the soft top off the vehicle or taking off the hard top and putting the rag top up? If you're taking it off, why?
We didn't get a Sahara but we got a 4-door X model. Since we too got the dual top group, if I recall right, our instructions told us to take off the hard top so we could remove the soft top. I think it said it is too hard on the soft top to keep it on while the hard top is on. We got ours in late November so we definitely wanted to keep on the hard top so we obeyed the instructions and removed our hard top and then removed our soft top and then put our hard top back on.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

If you didn't get two large boxes, you are missing the windows for the soft top, and also the attaching hardware and door frame pieces for the soft top.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:19 PM
kretinus

My hardtop is coming off at the dealer and it ain't never goin back on. As long as the defroster works we're fine
Old 07-01-2007, 11:38 PM
JK Newbie

Default this is what you should be looking for

i've just snapped the boxes which happen to be stored right behind my desk, hope they help
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	boxes.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	2242  

Quick Reply: dual top - soft top removal