Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Dry Start & M1-102

Old 12-12-2015, 11:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dry Start & M1-102

I'm getting dry start for a long time now. My list of maintenance is slowly decreasing and decided to tackle the dry start one.

Decided to try the Mobil1 oil filter (M1-102) I did read on the forum a few peoples reporting worse dry start but I can be a Thomas some time and decided to try it anyway.
Ho my god was I in for a bad product I got the OIL light every morning for the past 7 Days.

Here the amount of OIL that was in the filter today when I decided to replace it. Last time the JK was used prior to the replaced is around 17 hours
Old 12-13-2015, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been using the Motorcraft FL400S for years - no startup noise at all since I switched.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pontiacstogo
I've been using the Motorcraft FL400S for years - no startup noise at all since I switched.
That's weird. I tried that Motorctaft filter once and start up clak was worse. Have not used one since. I do use the NAPA platinum and that ones seems better then most. The mobile1 filter works well too. Different part number then that mentioned above.

Last edited by jtphoto JK; 12-14-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK

That's weird. I tried that Motorctaft filter once and start up clak was worse. Have not used one since. I do use the NAPA platinum and that ones seems better then most. The mobile1 filter works well too. Different part number then that mentioned above.
The filter was so empty that I did not need to add oil to bring it back to full on the stick after de change.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pape
The filter was so empty that I did not need to add oil to bring it back to full on the stick after de change.
Wow must have had a bad one for sure. I am back with NAPA Platinum.

Quick Reply: Dry Start & M1-102