Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Dropping off the Jeep at the dealer tommorow....sigh.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firemarshal
I have mine scheduled for Monday. The tech told me there was no way Chrysler would send me a notice about a TSB, but I insisted that I had it in hand. What a tool. After I pressed him about it he checked and said there were 77 on back order, so don't let them tell you they haven't heard of it. I am also having the recall for the fender liners done.
Yeah, the first service writer I talked to on the phone had heard of the fuel overflow problem. When I dropped it off the one who wrote me up had never heard of such a thing. Nice.

I may have to bring in the TSB. Anyone got one I could print out?
Old 03-08-2011, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nickit1981
my 2007 has spewed a lil gas but nothing i would have ever called an over flow. As far as your alarm issue.. do you have a factory alarm? Mine didnt come with an alarm but I had the dealership install a mopar factory alarm when i got it. I actually had the unstoppable alarm thing happen to me last week and also had to disconnect the battery to get it to shut off. This happened after It wouldnt arm at all and had the dealership look at it. They said some connecting piece may have vibrated loose. I call BS on that, but it then worked for a day. They next day I went to set it and it went off. There is a sensitivity adjustment that may help fix the issue. I have yet to try to adjust mine. I just pulled the fuse on it for the time being. Next time I wont be going with a factory alarm.

Yeah, I have just been dealing with the fuel thing too, but if there is a fix I want to get it done.

My alarm is the factory remote/start combo thing. Its worked fine in the past & this is the first problem I have ever had with it. Would have been a real pain in the ass if I hadn't had access to some tools to disconnect the batttery.

Tuto, They did a software update back in January that dealt with the trans temp warning beeper/light. Hopefully they will include any more updates if there are any.

Im stylin in a PT cruiser right now......it was a long drive home. Very long.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Uneasy Rider
Yeah, the first service writer I talked to on the phone had heard of the fuel overflow problem. When I dropped it off the one who wrote me up had never heard of such a thing. Nice.

I may have to bring in the TSB. Anyone got one I could print out?
My notice had my VIN on it. You should have received it in the mail. Have you registered your Jeep on Chrysler's website to get recall notices? and BTW congrats on your 100th post
Old 03-09-2011, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got the Jeep back today.

They fixed the ABS, BAS & Traction control problem.

For my factory alarm that goes off randomly down the road? The service advisor told me to take it back to the place who installed it. I said I guess I'm gonna have to schedule a trip to Toledo then, because its the FACTORY INSTALLED ALARM. And we argued.....yes it is, no its not...bla bla bla

For my fuel tank....service advisor claimed it was normal for all Wranglers to spit gas back up when they are filled up. Yes thats right, thats what she said. I said bull & told her she better double check that.

Second call from service advisor. Yes, Chrysler says its normal for Wranglers to spit gas back when you fill them up. They advised me that when I pull up to a gas pump to fill up, its recommended to wait at least 90 seconds before adding any gas. To let the gas in the tank settle down first of course. LMAO

I continued for a bit to argue with this moron, asking her to show me where in the owners manual this is written (its not) then gave up.

Got home & called the Chrysler Complaint number. Now I have a case # & hopefully will get this shit straightened out.

This is not my first vehicle, nor is it my first new one. However, it is my first experience with a Chrysler product. After this it may be my last.

Its really sad to see this kind of service being done at a dealership. I think alot of peoples "new car experience" & choice to "buy American" is affected by this kind of stuff.

I had high hopes for my Jeep dealer. Now based on my past couple of experiences at this dealer, I can honestly say I would never recommend a Chrysler to anyone. Their reliability is sub-par & when you have to go in to the dealer for repairs you just never know what to expect.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got the Jeep back today.

For my factory alarm that goes off randomly down the road? The service advisor told me to take it back to the place who installed it. I said I guess I'm gonna have to schedule a trip to Toledo then, because its the FACTORY INSTALLED ALARM. And we argued.....yes it is, no its not...bla bla bla

For my fuel tank....service advisor claimed it was normal for all Wranglers to spit gas back up when they are filled up. Yes thats right, thats what she said. I said bull & told her she better double check that.

Second call from service advisor. Yes, Chrysler says its normal for Wranglers to spit gas back when you fill them up. They advised me that when I pull up to a gas pump to fill up, its recommended to wait at least 90 seconds before adding any gas. To let the gas in the tank settle down first of course. LMAO

I continued for a bit to argue with this moron, asking her to show me where in the owners manual this is written (its not) then gave up.

Got home & called the Chrysler Complaint number. Now I have a case # & hopefully will get this shit straightened out.

This is not my first vehicle, nor is it my first new one. However, it is my first experience with a Chrysler product. After this it may be my last.

Its really sad to see this kind of service being done at a dealership. I think alot of peoples "new car experience" & choice to "buy American" is affected by this kind of stuff.

I had high hopes for my Jeep dealer. Now based on my past couple of experiences at this dealer, I can honestly say I would never recommend a Chrysler to anyone. Their reliability is sub-par & when you have to go in to the dealer for repairs you just never know what to expect.
I would be going to another dealer. I had an issue where my mechanic told me my ball joints were bad took it to one dealer they said that they were fine. Took it to a different dealer and the agreed that they were bad a replaced them under warranty. Some dealers just don't care about the customer. Did you fill out your new car buying experience survey? If not make sure you include information on this experience.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jde164
I would be going to another dealer. I had an issue where my mechanic told me my ball joints were bad took it to one dealer they said that they were fine. Took it to a different dealer and the agreed that they were bad a replaced them under warranty. Some dealers just don't care about the customer. Did you fill out your new car buying experience survey? If not make sure you include information on this experience.
Yes, I going to find another dealer. I've been trying to be optimistic about my local dealer, but their service department is beyond horrible. It would be one thing if my bone stock Jeep was totally modded out & was trying to get something pushed thru warranty, but these guys couldn't even tell that my Jeeps alarm was factory installed. It seemed silly to have to argue about something like that especially since I bought it from them.

I owned a Toyota Tacoma before I bought my Jeep & the way you were treated at that dealer was a night & day difference.

I'm hopeful that there is at lease one decent Chrysler dealer around.

I already put a call into Chryslers customer service & they seemed genuinely concerned, so I will wait & see what happens.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got the Jeep back today.

That has been my experience as well! Jeep dealers have been reduced in number; so, going to another dealer in my area is out. The service writer is a very nice fellow, but the technicians ... that is another huge EXCUSE ! What do you expect from Fiat !!! LMAO ... no more JKs for me; my wife's TJ is twice the machine ... but I am stuck with this lemon. Don't mean to rant, but you folks validate my earlier disgust with jeep dealer service.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mefly2
That has been my experience as well! Jeep dealers have been reduced in number; so, going to another dealer in my area is out. The service writer is a very nice fellow, but the technicians ... that is another huge EXCUSE ! What do you expect from Fiat !!! LMAO ... no more JKs for me; my wife's TJ is twice the machine ... but I am stuck with this lemon. Don't mean to rant, but you folks validate my earlier disgust with jeep dealer service.

The Chrysler dealership experience really does affect peoples decisions in regards to what they buy. I'm disgusted as well.

My wife really likes the new Grand Cherokee, but there is no way I will ever let her buy a Chrysler product. It will be a Ford, or Toyota, or anything but a Chrysler.

Last edited by Uneasy Rider; 03-11-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Find another dealer, I got a 2010 Rubicon and it had the gas problem also, told the service manager and she said she would call the company, called me back the next day and told me a tank was ordered, she would call when it came in. She called told me to run it as low as possible, brought it in they put the new tank in been fine ever since....good luck
Old 03-11-2011, 12:35 PM
JK Super Freak

My 2010 rubicon spits gas since day one so does my girlfriends 2006 liberty!! I figured it was a Jeep thing! This is my first Jeep so I never thought anything different!!

Quick Reply: Dropping off the Jeep at the dealer tommorow....sigh.