Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Drop The Windshield? I Gave Up.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x2 on the ease of the CJ, under a minute to fold it down... and put it back up.

CJ
JK
Old 06-11-2009, 07:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hkx3
Ive heard that once you fold the w/s once, it messes up some seal that will leak air and whistle from then on...

Any truth to this?
not true, at least mine didnt do this, it sealed back up perfectly just the way it was before
Old 06-11-2009, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

Good to know. I still laugh my A$$ off when I think about the day I bought my Jeep.

The salesman was not much on the JK, as in had no clue. Basically they had a 4 Dr Rubi on the showroom floor, and a SRT8 Challenger.

I asked about the Rubi, and he immediately told me I should be sure about that, since for a little more money I could be shopping "THis Baby" while he pointed to the Challenger.

I laughed, and said no thanks..I want something kinda useful.

He then switched gears, and went all "pro" on me, telling me how I can remove the doors, and fold the windshield, at any time I wanted to "GO ON SAFARI"

I bit my tongue so hard it hurt to keep from laughing. Apparently in his neck of Kentucky, one can pull off the road, pop some doors, fold some sH't, and immediately you are "on safari". lol

Old 06-11-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hkx3
Good to know. I still laugh my A$$ off when I think about the day I bought my Jeep.

The salesman was not much on the JK, as in had no clue. Basically they had a 4 Dr Rubi on the showroom floor, and a SRT8 Challenger.

I asked about the Rubi, and he immediately told me I should be sure about that, since for a little more money I could be shopping "THis Baby" while he pointed to the Challenger.

I laughed, and said no thanks..I want something kinda useful.

He then switched gears, and went all "pro" on me, telling me how I can remove the doors, and fold the windshield, at any time I wanted to "GO ON SAFARI"

I bit my tongue so hard it hurt to keep from laughing. Apparently in his neck of Kentucky, one can pull off the road, pop some doors, fold some sH't, and immediately you are "on safari". lol

hahaahhaha man they will say anything to make a sale
Old 06-11-2009, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I tried to fold down the windshield last weekend as well, i got as far as one side pretty much all the way unbolted and then the other side the plastic little screw thing just spinning and spinning and spinning...
i couldnt get it out for the life of me
so i quit

sad.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to put the windshield down on my YJ. Learned very quickly that aside from being fun as hell, the aggravation of unbolting everything, the added dust and bugs, the zero protection from flying rocks, the "holy crap it's raining now what?" factor, the seals that don't seal any more, and everything else that goes with it just isn't worth the trouble on the JK. Then again, maybe I'm just getting old.

Quick Reply: Drop The Windshield? I Gave Up.