Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

driveshaft boot clamp loose??

Old 01-13-2008, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driveshaft boot clamp loose??

Good morning all,

Crawled under the jk a few minutes ago to check it out, I just drove it 650 Miles from Michigan to New jersey. I noticed there was a little grease seeping out of the rubber boot on the front drive shaft at the the transfer case. the boot isnt ripped and appears to be in good shape. its only leaking in one small spot. looks to me like the little clamp has worked loose. is there a tool out there to fix it or should I just put a dab of gorrilla glue on it to get home then take it to the dealer?? or should I just take the front driveshaft off for the trip home?? would it hurt it to run it without the front shaft in?

thanks,
Old 01-13-2008, 08:20 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can't resecure the clamp I would leave it and contact you dealer when you got home. I wouldn't remove the driveshaft though.

Quick Reply: driveshaft boot clamp loose??