Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Driverside carpet wet

Old 07-19-2008, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driverside carpet wet

I have noticed that the driverside carpet is wet, anyone else experience this. Where could it be leaking from?
Old 07-19-2008, 05:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Is the plug still in the drain.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you don't have any major leaks, that you really need to search around for on your own, when it is raining, and you open the drivers door, watch where that stream of water pours to. In and out a couple times during a few days of rain really adds up down there.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

Dont take it to the stealership, my leaks have gotten worst when I took it in for small leak. Now I am working on getting a new soft top or something.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Propilot512
Dont take it to the stealership, my leaks have gotten worst when I took it in for small leak. Now I am working on getting a new soft top or something.
If you buy a new soft top, don't buy a Bestop Soft top for Wrangler JK. Very difficult to ajust, and always a small leak from a door frame.
Bestop was very good for TJ, but the new model for JK is really not a succes!

Supersaiks: I am also from Ottawa! (I'm french)

Last edited by Simply Jeep; 07-19-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

my driverside floor has been wet also. mine is leaking from the top right corner of the door. i realized where it was coming from when i noticed water in the pocket on the door.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Default Rain drops keep fallin on your head

I have the same problem . I searched out the leak and what I have come up with is the door seal at the top rear of drivers door is not making contact twith the body . When mine leaks it goes in and down in the seat belt piller right to the floor .I tride differnt technices to stop it but no stopping it .The door seal has a fourm deffect .I 'm going to the dealer to have them get me a new seal .
Old 07-20-2008, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SEABEE
I have the same problem . I searched out the leak and what I have come up with is the door seal at the top rear of drivers door is not making contact twith the body . When mine leaks it goes in and down in the seat belt piller right to the floor .I tride differnt technices to stop it but no stopping it .The door seal has a fourm deffect .I 'm going to the dealer to have them get me a new seal .

The problem is not your door seal. The sport bar has to be adjusted. From the top of the door, take off the bolts of the sport bar, ad move the bar to the door. That's it.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you post a pic of what exactly you are moving? I'm not following what you are talking about. Sorry
Old 02-03-2009, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SuperSaiks
I have noticed that the driverside carpet is wet, anyone else experience this. Where could it be leaking from?
Not being a wise-guy, but... you live in Canada? You got snow on your boots? If you can't find a leak (which we all assume is a problem in a Jeep), I'm just suggesting the simple answer is somtimes overlooked. Example: I had a new rattle in the Jeep (rear quarter) couldn't find it to save my life. Until... I took out the tool bag with the new ratchet set out of the Jeep. Yup, it was the damned sockets rattling around in the hard plastic case. When I hit a bump, rattle/ thunk. I naturally. blamed the Jeep. Yup, I'm a dope.

Duffy out.

Quick Reply: Driverside carpet wet