Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

drivers side rear brake locking up ?

Old 03-03-2009, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drivers side rear brake locking up ?

Ok to start this off I had my Jeep in the shop getting the gears, lockers and gussets instaled and the mechanic called me this afternoon and said it was ready to go except that he had broken a front ABS sensor and it wouldnt be in until tommorow so it was up to me if I wanted to come pick it up or not, well I decided I would go get it and once I picked it up and got no more than two miles from the shop and the left rear brake started locking up ? Is this because the left front sensor is missing ? I know all the crazy lights on the dash our on but I realy didnt think this would cause a break to lock up. I did pull over and pulled both ABS fuses but that did not help either. So please let me no if the ABS sensor is the cause or if you think it is something else. Thanks
Old 03-03-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

no..your abs sensor missing will most likely just disable the abs and you will just have standard brakes and no trac control and for the rear brake sounds like there is air in the system try bleeding it that should help.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

thanks, The break lines have not been off since the lift was put on a month or to ago so I dont think their is any air in the system but I will check.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:04 PM
JK Newbie

well since you said it would not cause the break to lock up I just went out and pulled the caliper and come to find out the axle has slid out and the rotor is binding against the caliper bracket ? He installed new axle bearings so I am guessing he did not press the bearing in all the way or something. I will load it back up on the trailer and take it back to him in the morning to get it taken care of. Thanks again.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

that would do it and not very good. good luck

Quick Reply: drivers side rear brake locking up ?