Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Driver-side Front Seat Squeaks!!!

Old 12-02-2008, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The dealer took both of my seats out and greased the mechanism. Squeak gone. That adjustment up and down, back and forth, will not keep it from returning.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaky Seat

I just had my Jeep in for service (oil change/tire rotation) earlier this week. I asked them if they would look at my squeaky seat. They said no problem. I get my Jeep back and it smelled like they had painted the entire interior with aresol paint! Stupid me had an appointment to go to so I accepted the Jeep, but called them up while driving and complained. Even with the windows down it gave me a headache. I ended up bringing it back to them and after some discussion, they gave me a loaner so that they could "clean it out". I pick it up tonight so I am hoping they fixed it and the smell. They said they sprayed the seat with the same stuff they use on the door hinges.

I just don't understand how they could have thought that giving my Jeep back to me in that condition was acceptable?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They should have taken the seat out and used a solid grease rather than some hazmat spray. The interior probably has absorbed some of the chemical molecules that were floating around and it may take a bit to dissipate.

Stupid thing on the mechanic's part to do that. Hope it all works out for you quickly.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Maybe it's not your seat. Maybe your ass needs oiling.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Lammer
any chance of getting a picture of this fix? I've got the seat squeak, but only a certain position along the rails. Of course its my preferred seating distance.
Can't help you with a picture. I'm on a business trip in Denver for a week. I don't think I could get a picture anyway because of the location under the seat. Sorry.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

what are the bolt sizes for the front seats? thanks dave

Last edited by sliverGstoneJK; 03-15-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

glad I found this thread

just thought it was my fat arse
Old 07-27-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got that damn squeaky driver seat, too. The passenger seat is OK. I'm going to stealer this week for this, and for that spinning gear noise coming from my manual shifter. My Jeep is 3 days old...errrr.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

I don't have the adjustable seat, but mine squeaks also. Really doesn't bother me too much I guess. Go to iTunes and download Colt Ford. Crank up his country rap and for whatever reason it goes away. LOL
Old 07-27-2009, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

I have the squeaks too. mine is just on the passenger seat, really random though no enough to bug me... yet

Quick Reply: Driver-side Front Seat Squeaks!!!