Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Driver-side Front Seat Squeaks!!!

Old 02-23-2008, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver-side Front Seat Squeaks!!!

Have had it at the dealer 2X.....they claim to have torqued the appropriate bolts, but still a real problem.....temporary relief can be found by adjusting the seats using the levers....doesn't seem to be an issue I can find from others or on the 'Net......I can't have the only squeaky seat off the assembly line.....advice? Guidance? Squeaks louder than my CJ!!!!
Thx!
Marc
'07 JK - Rubicon
Lovin' it!
Old 02-23-2008, 10:57 PM
JK Super Freak

You are not alone. We put up with that miserable sound for a couple of weeks. Sometimes it was so loud it was hard to talk over it. Bumpy winter hardpack on the roads made it aweful. The solution was WD-40 sprayed on the support where the large handle connects that raises and lowers the seat. The squeek went away for several weeks. I noticed it a little the other day again so another shot of WD-40 should do the trick again.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Gravel Gertie
You are not alone. We put up with that miserable sound for a couple of weeks. Sometimes it was so loud it was hard to talk over it. Bumpy winter hardpack on the roads made it aweful. The solution was WD-40 sprayed on the support where the large handle connects that raises and lowers the seat. The squeek went away for several weeks. I noticed it a little the other day again so another shot of WD-40 should do the trick again.

any chance of getting a picture of this fix? I've got the seat squeak, but only a certain position along the rails. Of course its my preferred seating distance.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:43 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the squeak also.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the squeak also. In my case it was caused by the seat being all the way down. I raised the seat up with three pushes on the lever and it goes away.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was just about to post about this when I found this thread, I will try all of the above to rid the Jeep of the squeakies! Thanks
Old 12-02-2008, 05:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealership replaced my seat bracket. No problems since.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

My squeak is back again and worse now that it's cold out. I noticed before that it would go away if I moved the seat forward or back one position before returning weeks later. I'll have to try the height adjuster and WD40 as well.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my VW seems to squeak when I seat on it, but with my wife it doesn't make any noise, so we came to the conclusion that it was crying for help more than squeaking
Old 12-02-2008, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

well this is good to know, i thought it was just mine that squeaked. i thought it can from some corrosion after i took it to the beach and rode in the sand, mine hasnt bothered me too much but if i can fix it with wd40 or adujusting that would be nice. can i take it to the dealer cause my seat squeaks??

Quick Reply: Driver-side Front Seat Squeaks!!!