Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Drag link help

Old 03-16-2021, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag link help

I am trying to figure out if I can run a HD drag link on a stock height jeep jk...I have metalcloak steering system in the garage. Haven't had funds to get the lift and my shit is going out fast so do I need to buy a stock drag link for now or can I put the metalcloak one on with no lift? I asked them and they said they don't know. It might be too long 🤦‍♂️
Old 03-16-2021, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Measure what you've got under there now and measure the link fully compressed with jam nuts tightened up, it should be evident pretty quickly. I don't see why you couldn't run it though, unless it's a flip, then that would be a problem.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not a flip. I luckily have a spare stock one I ordered on accident that I just found so I can just measure the two and see how close they are. Fingers crossed cuz that metal cloak one is beautiful 🤣

Quick Reply: Drag link help