Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Door Sill Guards

Old 01-25-2011, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Sill Guards

So I got the black Mopar door sill guards for Chrsitmas but haven't put them on yet because it's been too effing cold.

I want to put them on my 10 Sport but am really thinking I'm going to get a 12 Rubi (especially if there is a new motor) so do I put them on and try to take them off later or do I just wait.

Has anyone tried to remove these and what damage does it do to the paint if any when trying to take them off?

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by murdoc13
So I got the black Mopar door sill guards for Chrsitmas but haven't put them on yet because it's been too effing cold.

I want to put them on my 10 Sport but am really thinking I'm going to get a 12 Rubi (especially if there is a new motor) so do I put them on and try to take them off later or do I just wait.

Has anyone tried to remove these and what damage does it do to the paint if any when trying to take them off?

Thanks for the help.
They are not that expensive if you want to put them on and then get a new pair for the '12 rubi...otherwise, just put them on and when you get a new jeep, pry them off and get some 3m body adhesive tape from auto zone to re-attach them to the new JK
Old 01-25-2011, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

do you really wanna be a guinea pig for that new motor in the jeep? Seems like new model years are always a PITA, BUT if you have a 2010 and getting a 2012 it doesn't look like you hold on to stuff that long. So it may not be that big of a deal.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sukemecuke
do you really wanna be a guinea pig for that new motor in the jeep? Seems like new model years are always a PITA, BUT if you have a 2010 and getting a 2012 it doesn't look like you hold on to stuff that long. So it may not be that big of a deal.
I don't know that it would be a guinea pig situation as I believe it's supposed to be the same V6 that is in the 300?
I plan on holding on to the Rubi lonber as when I got the 10 it was to get out of my Patriot that was a lemon and really only had a few JK's to choose from. I'm thinking I want the Rubi now if there is more and want the extra horsepower. So I would order exactly what I want from the factory.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jmat1980
They are not that expensive if you want to put them on and then get a new pair for the '12 rubi...otherwise, just put them on and when you get a new jeep, pry them off and get some 3m body adhesive tape from auto zone to re-attach them to the new JK
I suppose I could do that, just wanted to see if anyone else had the experience doing it first.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know that it would be a guinea pig situation as I believe it's supposed to be the same V6 that is in the 300?
I plan on holding on to the Rubi lonber as when I got the 10 it was to get out of my Patriot that was a lemon and really only had a few JK's to choose from. I'm thinking I want the Rubi now if there is more and want the extra horsepower. So I would order exactly what I want from the factory.
the pentastar v6. I don't believe it's being used in anything, yet, other than Fiat vehicles. I could be wrong, I am definitely not an expert by any means.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I bout my rocker guards for less than $50. I don't see the big deal in buying another set in a few years...
Old 01-25-2011, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

it's in the new grand cherokee
Old 01-25-2011, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

As far as the Mopar Sill guards, go ahead and install them. They are inexpensive enough to get a new set for the possible 2012 you may buy, and will add a nice little asthetic appearance to your existing JK. I would wait for it to warm up a bit or just use a hair dryer to warm the area up nicely before install.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the help.
If you walk into the dealership and buy a '12 Rubi, I can assure you that if you tell them they must "throw in" door sill guards or you walk? They are gonna install those guards so fast it'll make your head swim...

Quick Reply: Door Sill Guards