Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Door Sill Covers...

Old 06-18-2010, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will be glad you got them. After my son and I installed ours the salesman that sold us our Jeep saw them and admitted he wished he had bought some for his Jeep. I looked at his 2dr and the paint was worn down to bare metal.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured I wouldn't need them because there wasn't a lot of traffic, besides me, going in and out of the Jeep. I noticed some slight wear on the paint and placed an order for them. They hold up great. Definitely worth the money.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

first item i bought for my Rubi....wanted them on before the paint got to scratched...they are awesome and will not come loose...i pressure wash mine with 2700 psi and they are still like new after a year.

Cheapest price was right from my stealership believe it or not!
Old 06-18-2010, 02:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Yes ... they are great ... They should really be standard equipment .. it's dumb to have to pay extra for them . ..
Old 06-18-2010, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Agreed. They were the first thing I did in my Rubicon as well... but I am also of the opinion that they should have been standard on all Jeeps. I guess they leave them off so you have the option of getting the stainless ones, but reality is that most vehicles come with this type of protection already installed. I do wish however that they covered a little more of the metal, because I am already starting to notice a little wear on the paint that they don't cover.. and I am normally fairly careful about where I place my feet.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

they work great!!! They are a definite add on!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeeperjkjeeper
first item i bought for my Rubi....wanted them on before the paint got to scratched...they are awesome and will not come loose...i pressure wash mine with 2700 psi and they are still like new after a year.

Cheapest price was right from my stealership believe it or not!
Same, same, and same.

I also noticed them getting banged up from running doorless. I also got them @ my dealer for the lowest price, and I also clean my JK with a pressure washer.

Gotta be careful though, I blew right thru the silver paint on my Sahara bumper covers, before I sold them.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmhines
Yes ... they are great ... They should really be standard equipment .. it's dumb to have to pay extra for them . ..
Agreed they should be standard, but maybe it's not so dumb as they are still getting us to buy them

Be interesting to see if the 11's have them.

It's an easy thing to make standard and say "Hey look what we did"
Old 06-18-2010, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hitekrdnk43
They are worth the money and hold up well. Mine have made it through 2 Pa. snowbelt winters. Just make sure that you power wash them a couple times a year if you live in an area that uses road salt
I have a 3K-PSI... will do.

Glad to hear they do well in the snow/salt belt
Old 06-18-2010, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jebus
Agreed. They were the first thing I did in my Rubicon as well... but I am also of the opinion that they should have been standard on all Jeeps. I guess they leave them off so you have the option of getting the stainless ones, but reality is that most vehicles come with this type of protection already installed. I do wish however that they covered a little more of the metal, because I am already starting to notice a little wear on the paint that they don't cover.. and I am normally fairly careful about where I place my feet.
I was surprised how small the back ones were.

They are also an inexspensive mod that the mod-police won't notice

Quick Reply: Door Sill Covers...