Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Door removal

Old 06-24-2009, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluerubicon08
OUCH!!!!.....................Stick with the #50 Torx....then throw away the bolts as you will be consumed with the fever to just yank the doors off at any given moment!!
i was just going to ask this. i pulled the doors off for the first time this week. i see no reason to put those nuts back on the hinges until i'm done with door removal in the fall.

anyone have a good reason to put the nuts on each time i put the doors on? those doors are heavy & i don't see them going anywhere.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:57 AM
JK Junkie

no reason in the world to put them back on.

someone will chime in tho and state that if you are hit by a train and then a 747 lands on you, there is a chance that the door might fly off and the LEOs that come and investigate the scene will charge you for not having the nuts on there.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks.. i'll take my chances & go nutless.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It states right on the soft & hardtop's.....Doors and roof are not for protection and safety...just protection from the elements...always wear your seatbelts.

Quick Reply: Door removal