Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Door rattle

Old 11-09-2010, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed my "electrical tape fix" and adjusted the striker as suggested. I marked the original position with a small piece of tape then loosened the two bolts and pushed the striker about 1/16" in towards the jeep interior. I figured it didn't need to move much since a few wraps of tape did the same thing. The door still closes w/o problem. I'll have to test drive and see if it stops the rattle.

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know that was adjustable.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fivenote
I removed my "electrical tape fix" and adjusted the striker as suggested. I marked the original position with a small piece of tape then loosened the two bolts and pushed the striker about 1/16" in towards the jeep interior. I figured it didn't need to move much since a few wraps of tape did the same thing. The door still closes w/o problem. I'll have to test drive and see if it stops the rattle.

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know that was adjustable.
Adjusting the striker worked! I went for a nice bumpy drive through lower Manhattan (tougher in some ways than an off-road trail ) - no door rattle, no electrical tape.

I love this forum!
Old 11-10-2010, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Adjusting the striker worked! I went for a nice bumpy drive through lower Manhattan (tougher in some ways than an off-road trail ) - no door rattle, no electrical tape.

I love this forum!
Just wait till you start changing diff., transfer case, & tranny fluids. The write ups on the differentials alone kept almost $450 in my pocket compared to a dealership estimate to do both front and rear.
The forum can be one of the best tools in the garage.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats the F@#king noise for the last 30 months, I ment to investigate, I always thought it was something loose by the seat belt. I love you guys, thanks. Another thing the forum answered.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love this forum!
Hey fivenote want to start a run on some of the cobblestone streets by the Army termianal , lol to test the door meet up by the pool factory....unless your from another part of Brooklyn Williamsburg BQE pot holes, lol
Old 11-11-2010, 06:24 AM
JK Freak

I love this forum!
That cool..
Wait a while and let us know if it comes back.. Mine did! Had the striker all over the place in the course of a year... Mine is on 08. Wonder if the striker design changed??
Old 11-11-2010, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have an 10 Rubi and had to adjust the drivers door striker twice so far....last time I tighten the hell out of the bolts and so far no noise, and that has been at least a month ago....that noise drove me crazy
Old 11-23-2010, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have this same rattle - driver & passenger sides. Latch adjustments to soon follow reading this thread - thanks folks
Old 11-25-2010, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just did the striker a week ago instead of the tape fix. So far so good. I placed a piece of masking tape at the edge to mark before loosening it & moved them in about 1/16" and it is a perfect fix for the moment.

Quick Reply: Door rattle