Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Door hinge pin seized to body hinge...

Old 06-26-2014, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any luck?
Old 07-05-2014, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Can we get replacement bushings? someone mentioned delrin bushings. Anyone replace them, if so how hard is it?
Old 07-08-2014, 11:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteRhino07
Can we get replacement bushings? someone mentioned delrin bushings. Anyone replace them, if so how hard is it?
You can get replacement bushings. Either OEM or delrin.

It's usually not hard. Remove the door, pull out the old bushing. Drop in the new.

Sometimes the old bushing doesn't want to come out. An appropriately sized socket or drill bit can be used to drive the old one out.

Three of mine came out simply by grabbing the lip with a pliers. One had to be persuaded by a few gentle taps from below with a mallet and drill bit. I forget what size.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

I had a similar problem. I tried the jack. I tried hammering from the bottom of the hinge pin. I soaked and soaked. I finally took the whole hinge off and beat the living daylights out of it. Could not get it apart. I ordered new parts. In the mean time, I found the top of the pin off. I can get the door off now.
Ground the top of the pin off.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteRhino07
I'm running those now. You will never have an issue taking off the doors again and they feel like they open and close so smoothly now. Before I replaced it my JK looked like the scence from Tommy Boy where Chris Farley rams his entire body into the car to close the door a few times. That was all 180lbs of me doing that until I finally said I gottta replace these things.

If you can get that door off you can get it up on a work bench and start drilling it out. Worst case you ruin the hinge and you have to buy a new one. I would try drilling it out. Using a punch is tempting but I think you would end up damaging the door more than getting the pin out. It's such thin metal.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

These posts are pretty old call well and things may have changed slightly. Amazon is flooded with kits addressing these problems. Many of them come with a tool which you insert in the bottom of the hinge opening so you can tile the Daylights out of the pen heading upward. The kids also have choice of abs stainless steel or other bushings to insert after you have planned it out the old bushings with the same tool. They also come with a rounded tip that you can screw onto the end of your PIN so that it's very easy to align with the hinge holes to remount the door every time you remove it. I'm about to go through this because my right rear door Styx terribly oh, and my driver's door doesn't always shut enough. I've put up with them both long enough. These new kits probably weren't available when many of these posts were added oh, but the sticking pins will continue on for most of us. Yes, my 2008 JK has never had the doors removed, and I appreciate all these posts of encouragement

The following users liked this post:
EHarris (01-24-2022)

Quick Reply: Door hinge pin seized to body hinge...