Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Door hinge bushing necessary ?

Old 07-17-2012, 04:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door hinge bushing necessary ?

I finally succeeded in removing the doors on my JKU. 2 years of winter Canadian driving made them very tough to remove.

While doing so, the driver door bushing were completely shot. I had to remove the bushing of the driver side door. I lubricated all the pins with lithium grease and reinstalled them.

Do I need to reinstall new bushing ? Are they mandatory or should I remove them all ? What is the drawback of running without them ?

Thank you
Old 07-17-2012, 05:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianSahara
I finally succeeded in removing the doors on my JKU. 2 years of winter Canadian driving made them very tough to remove.

While doing so, the driver door bushing were completely shot. I had to remove the bushing of the driver side door. I lubricated all the pins with lithium grease and reinstalled them.

Do I need to reinstall new bushing ? Are they mandatory or should I remove them all ? What is the drawback of running without them ?

Thank you
The bushings keep the hinges from seizing.
You're probably ok for the very near term but I would replace the bushings asap.
Consider the upgrade to delrin bushings. There are several threads about them on the forum.

Also, take a good look at the alignment of your doors. There may be other reasons for the difficulty removing them.

Last edited by Jiblet; 07-17-2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-17-2012, 06:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Magnitude Engineering for replacements that should last alot longer the oem ones
Old 07-17-2012, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggy
Check out Magnitude Engineering for replacements that should last alot longer the oem ones
Definately worth the money. Had mine going on a year now.

Quick Reply: Door hinge bushing necessary ?