Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Door Dents

Old 03-01-2007, 04:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could just be speed dimples.. like a golf ball

I will have to check mine out when it shows up at the stealership.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:37 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why not get one of these to cover it up and protect for the future? http://www.quadratec.com/products/12112_402_07.htm
Old 03-01-2007, 11:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scottroxxx
i have the same exact dent on the drivers side behind the bottom hinge. i thought it was from some kids playing with a basketball where i parked my jeep one day probably the first week i had it. it sucks that this jeep was engineered more towards women and they made the doors lighter by thin sheet metal so they would be able to take them off. screw durability and ruggedness! i am really surprised there is no mirrors in the visors.

For this dent I would try to pull on it with a suction cup from the outside while putting some of this http://www.b-quiet.com/ultimate.html on the inside.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Machster50
you're right, here is a pic...

door sill dent... hardly noticeable with a camera... you should see two small parallel dents ... done with the edge of my hiking boot, knocking snow off them... this should no way cause a dent!
So stop kickin your jeep.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

Over twenty years ago I worked at my family's radio shack. We used to install cb's like crazy in those days. I remember trying to use our new battery operated drill on the dash of a 57 chevy pickup. Uh uh, that stupid drill wouldn't penetrate the thick steel of that chevy. Made em good in the old days.

I drive 110 miles a day on the interstate to and from work. I get somewhere between 19 and 23 mpg on the highway with my jk rubicon. I'll bet that old chevy wouldn't get but maybe 10 mpg. You have to give up some things in order to get other things. It's called compromise. You might as well come to terms with it.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:00 PM
JK Newbie

Glad to see I'm not the only oneand it isn't just my mind playing games with me, although I should have posted a picture, but it looks just like scottroxxx's dent. I only had about 10 miles on it when I saw it, and nobody at the dealership saw it until I pointed it out, they are fixing it on Monday. Joking with the manager, he said they are not trained to see flaws on new vehicles, just on trade-ins!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 10:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scottroxxx
i have the same exact dent on the drivers side behind the bottom hinge. i thought it was from some kids playing with a basketball where i parked my jeep one day probably the first week i had it. it sucks that this jeep was engineered more towards women and they made the doors lighter by thin sheet metal so they would be able to take them off. screw durability and ruggedness! i am really surprised there is no mirrors in the visors.

I picked mine up tonight and it had the same thing.......I mentioned it to the tech but I didn't complain because it seems to be common, what could they possibly do to fix it and I figure with a tin can of a body, a little "wave" is the least of my problems. I almost caved in the rear door just trying to shut it....so what, my TJ has dings and I would have gotten the same from an FJ.

Last edited by justrok; 05-01-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs down

I have the same dent on passenger side door, plus a crease below upper hinge , no power windows. Got ok from jeep to fix it at local shop for 1250+ but afraid paint wont match real good, also paint is not baked like factory so it will chip easier, think i'll live with the dent.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

I found out what it is! I took delivery of my Jeep almost 2 weeks ago. Got it home and in the right light I could see the same thing. I was told that in about half of the doors like that, there is an easy fix. Apparently there is glue used for a support beam which when dries "sucks" the sheet metal back in as the adhesive shrinks. Many times they can take the door apart, cut thru the glue (some how) and the dent disappears. Crummy thing is that they did it to mine and it did not work. Goes in for paint next week. I hate to do it but I feel either they own me the money used to fix it or should fix it. Worried about matching...but...
Old 05-13-2007, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have one on my passenger side, I don't remember if it was there when I bought it but I do remember it popping in the first time I washed it. One other annoying thing I believe DC scrimped on.

Quick Reply: Door Dents