Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Door Dents

Old 02-26-2007, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Dents

Just took delivery of my Unlimited Rubicon on 2/23 (waited 6 months) and looking it over, I noticed a dent in both front doors, just a few inches behind the bottom hinge and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this on thier's. This Jeep has the power windows if that makes any diference. Let me know what you see. I am very happy otherwise and hope all of you folks lucky enough to have yours are enjoying yours too.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

Default c

exact same problem. I don't think it was there on delivery i think mine came from the car wash..
I have power windows too
Old 02-26-2007, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't seen any dents. I also have the power windows and a Rubicon Unlimited. I'd just mention it to the dealer. Unfortunately, they are supposed to have you look it over before taking delivery and final signature on paperwork stating that everything is okay with vehicle. Some dealers can be A**holes about that, but I hope you have a good dealership like mine. They keep calling to check on everything, but that's probably because they want to go wheeling this weekend... Good luck and enjoy your Rubicon!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

In MHO the JK's tin is more like aluminum.
I noticed that just from banging my boot on the lower sills (above rock guard) to shake the snow off before getting in the vehicle, a small dent has started to develop.

The JK's are going to show a lot of scars from what I can see... search other threads for similar info... a few people have had the straps from their front doors disconnect accidentally, doors swing wide and suffer a big dent hitting the mirror

..beware...
Old 02-27-2007, 04:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine doesn't have them. I have power windows.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

you're right, here is a pic...

door sill dent... hardly noticeable with a camera... you should see two small parallel dents ... done with the edge of my hiking boot, knocking snow off them... this should no way cause a dent!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0599.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	879  
Old 02-28-2007, 12:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it on both sides. I wonder if it could be a hinge adjustment thing. Three places of connection, all working against each other with that thin metal could offer some buckle. Is it there with the door open. Put a suction cup on it and give it a gentle pull, see what happens. The other posted picture was too small and reflective to get a good idea if it is the same type of dent.

Just checked the other picture out it seems his dents are below the door and smaller.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've noticed this on mine also, although its not as clear since Its white, which is why I bought white, it hides imperfection
Old 02-28-2007, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

scottroxxx: i have the exact same dent in the exact same spot.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

ok so i am not crazy and this is happening to other people! i plan on having this dent and the one i put in the cowl behing the hood from the side mirror i put in it when i took the doors off for the first time. i will ask the paintless dent repair guy what he thinks caused it, they would know best.

Quick Reply: Door Dents