Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Door Check/Limit Strap Replacement

Old 05-11-2016, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Check/Limit Strap Replacement

I've searched for hours to no avail. Has anyone had to replace a door check/limit strap and have a part number? The hooks are in the parts diagrams but can't find the strap. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just google 20xx wrangler door limit straps unless you're specifically looking for OEM.

Here's one from Warrior...

WarriorŽ - Jeep Wrangler 4 Door 2014 Door Check Strap
Old 05-11-2016, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

pretty sure that quadratec carries them as well.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Just google 20xx wrangler door limit straps unless you're specifically looking for OEM. Here's one from Warrior... WarriorŽ - Jeep Wrangler 4 Door 2014 Door Check Strap
These are just for the Warrior Doors. The only ones quadratec carries have the wire covers. Anyone know how the length for the JK straps compares to the earlier Wranglers? Those straps are everywhere.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fronts on my 08 are about 7.5 inches on the front doors and 9 inches on the rear doors. That's from the loop on the door to the end of the limiter (not including the wire harness that extends beyond the limit strap).

I bet you can make them out of paracord. I'd do that if I could but I can't find a specific video to show how to get the loops proper for a door strap. It happens to be the one jeep "how to" that I can't seem to find.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to replace the ones on the '13 JK my daughter drives as the prior owner cut the wires off instead of just looping them back and zip tying them in place. Make sure you pick the corrct ones before you buy them. I searched the net for hours, thought I had the proper parts then called to confirm only to find out that I was wrong. You really need to match using your vehilce vin to be sure and I called a online supplier that turned out to be a dealer in NY but they were extremely help and had great pricing

Quick Reply: Door Check/Limit Strap Replacement