Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

does the wrangler x come with lockers?

Old 09-13-2008, 06:07 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Also, it was on option for the '07s, but I don't know that any were actually made with it. It was one of the items that you would order if you didn't mind waiting for months and months. So, if someone is looking at used JKs and wants lockers, it might be tough or impossible to find on an '07 X.
Probably a pretty accurate statement since not many people take the time to see what's actually available on something. Most folks just buy off the lot. At least that's been my experience.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ALL THE WRANGLER come with an auto-lock system on 4 wheels

Jeep Canada call it "Diff. brake lock, front and rear, off-road/on-road"
It's probably the same in USA
The option for the X and Sahara is TRAC-LOK to the rear, it's also
an auto-lock, but it's stonger.

THe X can have also the TRU-LOC to the rear, it's the Rubi style auto-lock.

Last edited by Frog Rubicon; 09-13-2008 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

ok well i want lockers on my X, can some tell me a good set to buy? i go to moad about 3 times a year and live in colorado, so what should i get?
Old 09-13-2008, 12:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by toad
But these are't LOCKERS. Just a limited slip type of thing.
Yes, but IT IS an auto-lock. I am in a Jeep club, and some friends have stock X and we off-road together. Believe me, the stock auto-loc (not the trac-loc) do the job off road!
Old 09-13-2008, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

I love all this chat about who has the best/biggest lockers. I have the brochure in my hands and:

Of course Rubicon has: Tru-Lok front and rear, Sahara and X (S package only) have an option of the Trak-Lok LSR (this is what I have).
and X has the option of rear Tru-Lok when purchased with front sway bar disco.

Nowhere in any Jeep literature or on-line site do I find any mention of an auto-lock???

I've seen all the discussion of tap the brakes, don't tap the brakes.... WHAT IS THE AUTO-LOCK???
Old 09-13-2008, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Tru-Lock is Jeeps propriety word for what people commonly refer to as a locker. This one is a selectable locker as when it is not engaged, the differentials are as open as a late model Ford Pinto. This makes the solid axels drive and handle like any other automobile. The Tru-Lock is an electronic locker than engages when you flip the switch.

The JKs have a Traction Control system that prevents a wheel from spinning from loss of traction when another wheel is not turning. Prior to 2007, no Wrangler or CJ had this technology.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

I bought he ARBs. I looked and decided that I didn't want a full time locker. The ARBs are used thru the use of an air compressor and can engage/disengage by the flip of a switch. And from what I hear, they disengage right when you hit the switch..not after a few seconds like others. Don't have them installed yet but they are sitting on my living room floor.
HEY! You are a frog! Let's get married !!!
Old 09-13-2008, 03:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not saying the stock X doesn't do well with what it's got. Believe me, I have an X and I ran that thing stock and people were amazed at how well it did. I'm just saying...the stock X doesn't come with lockers, per se, it just has a limited slip that helps. Installing lockers will help even more, depending on what/how you wheel.
Some X's do come come with the same rear locker and upgraded 32 spline rear dana 44 that is in rubicon, mine does and I love it, to get it you also have to order the front electric swaybar disconnect. This option became available in March of '07, I have never seen one on a lot with these options just factory orders.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OK..but as a standard option, it doesn't come with it. You have to order it as an additional option.
Right you are.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:33 AM
ksk
JK Enthusiast

yeah they arent true lockers..this is what it is:

Available for the first time with Jeep Wrangler models are Brake Lock Differentials (BLDs), which are incorporated into the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) algorithm. BLDs apply braking force to an axle's spinning wheel in order to provide an equal amount of torque to each wheel and deliver greater traction for rock-crawling over severe off-road terrain. A separate set of BLD calibrations is designed for off-road operation and automatically activates when driving in 4 Low.

Lockers lock both axles so both wheels spin at once...

KSK

Quick Reply: does the wrangler x come with lockers?