Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

does my Jeep look tacky?

Old 08-02-2015, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, that's a bad ass jeep. Remember women come and go, but a Jeep is for life.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Jeep. Obviously there is a reason you haven't seen her in a very long time. Good for you that you don't travel in her circles.

On the other hand... Sometimes I like "tacky".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq7Eki5EZ8o
Old 08-03-2015, 04:30 AM
JK Newbie

Do YOU think it's tacky? Otherwise, who cares. Enjoy it and build it/make it how YOU want.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:36 AM
JK Freak

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but oh well.

"Tacky"? I don't think it looks tacky. Looks like you're built it right and you've put yor own spin on it, which is what it's all about. I will say in my honest opinion, I'm not a fan of the green Jeep with the OD green mirrors, bumpers, etc. I think it's just a little too much. I like some contrast in there, so I'd rather see the bumpers, mirrors, etc. black. But I'm not a fan of Jeeps that have everything color matched, either, so take it for what it's worth.......just my opinion. I'd say if you really want to rock the OD Green theme, then at least make the body match. THen it would look like an old military Jeep, which I think is sort of the look you're going for.

Bottom line, though......if you like it, f**k what anyone else thinks. And if that girl doesn't like it, she doesn't have to ride in it. But that's her loss.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Your Jeep looks good, keep it up!!
Old 08-03-2015, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't personally like the look of cut/flat fenders, that being said Your Jeep is sweet....

Quick Reply: does my Jeep look tacky?